Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

cahuenga

Reaction score
I would love to see less of Murray and more of classic muppets... besisdes I wanna see Gordon, Susan and Bob on more episodes than this season...and More clips from Frank Oz!! Im a sesame purist!!!

cahuenga

Reaction score
Hooper's has been re-done for this season, yes, but it's a very familiar change...
and which is the other set change they did??

I would love to see the staircase and upper-door in the charlies auto repair building back!

ssetta

Reaction score
I also thought that one thing they COULD do, if they were to show any classic slips, is maybe stretch the picture and show them in HD. I really think that's the main reason why they haven't been showing them. Of course it wouldn't be the same, but it would be better than not showing them at all.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've never really been able to comprehend the change in Hooper's Store from season 40. The 40th anniversary book says that the old Hooper's Store represents a time that's no longer relevant, but I don't see it. I feel like there are restaurants (at least local ones) that aren't too different. And I don't notice any big changes between the late-1990s Hooper's Store and the 2009 one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hooper's has been re-done for this season, yes, but it's a very familiar change...
Very familiar as in a certain yellow-and-black checkered design might be making a comeback?

Hooper's really seems to have expanded from coffee shop/newsstand to some sort of coffee shop/convenience store. Newspapers really only exist on Sesame Street to hide references to things on.
I honestly don't understand the satire that apparently newspapers don't exist anymore when they do. I mean, it's not payphones, which really are becoming rarer and rarer to find, but I mean newspapers are still alive and well: yes, they're like 90% more expensive than they used to be, but they're there. People still buy them, people still read them. If anything, it's malls that people should act like don't exist anymore, because malls really are virtually ghost towns anymore: so many people are too lazy to get off their butts, get in the car, drive to the mall (or any retailer really) to gt what they want/need so they just buy it online now.
I've never really been able to comprehend the change in Hooper's Store from season 40. The 40th anniversary book says that the old Hooper's Store represents a time that's no longer relevant, but I don't see it.
Well, it kind of is true: the original Hooper's was like a small Mom-And-Pop-esque soda shop (like used to be prelevant in the 50s), and the truth is those just don't exist anymore. Yeah, maybe a few local ones here and there in smaller, more urban neighborhoods, but SST is big city street, and those kind of little Mom-And-Pop soda shops aren't going to be found in big cities anymore, which is why Hooper's had to be modernized into a convenience store, because those are more common in today's city landscape.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If anything, it's malls that people should act like don't exist anymore, because malls really are virtually ghost towns anymore: so many people are too lazy to get off their butts, get in the car, drive to the mall (or any retailer really) to gt what they want/need so they just buy it online now.
That's because there's no variety anymore. All the clothing stores look exactly the same and the prices are insane, with exceptions. Toy stores certainly don't exist on their own in Malls (maybe a TRU express if you're lucky). But yeah. No one likes to have to go out and do anything anymore.

Well, it kind of is true: the original Hooper's was like a small Mom-And-Pop-esque soda shop (like used to be prelevant in the 50s), and the truth is those just don't exist anymore. Yeah, maybe a few local ones here and there in smaller, more urban neighborhoods, but SST is big city street, and those kind of little Mom-And-Pop soda shops aren't going to be found in big cities anymore, which is why Hooper's had to be modernized into a convenience store, because those are more common in today's city landscape.
Like I said. Those kinda places only exist if Yuppies/Beardos/Hipsters eat there. I'm sure Sesame is a very close street and they do just enough business at that single store/coffee shop to keep it in business without cronuts, 5 dollar cupcakes, 10 dollar burgers, or some fusion crap that's going to be popular for a few months. Funny thing is, I see the opposite happening. Local Mom and Pop convienace stores that can't stay afloat until they turn into restaurants/sandwich shops at least. In reality, Hoopers would have closed to be a Starbucks, some sort of Ethnic restaurant, a bank, or most likely, bulldozed for a condo complex that never gets built. Man, I hate those things.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In reality, Hoopers would have closed to be a Starbucks, some sort of Ethnic restaurant, a bank, or most likely, bulldozed for a condo complex that never gets built. Man, I hate those things.
Remember, Big Bird's nest area was exactly the latter prior to ATC: those doors that border his nest were put up to keep people out of the construction zone, and the wall of a torn-down building was what bordered the back side of his nest area. In fact, I'm curious to how 123 was somehow left standing, because just a single brownstone standing by itself is, admittedly, an unusual sight.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why do I also get the feeling that the other big change to the set is the laundromat has closed and something else is in its place? It's been a library, a pet store, the Fix-It-Shop, the Mail-It-Shop, back to the Fix-It-Shop, the Laundromat...

My guess is either that, or perhaps they once again reverted the garage back its older design. Those are just my guesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.