New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a long time muppet fan. I'm a child of the 80's so I watched a lot of muppets and sesame street and related and I still do. I'm proud to say that my almost three year old daughter loves the Muppets and Sesame Street. We listen to a lot of old school vynel and she gets excited and names the characters as she hears them. My little 4 month old son will also grow up surround by Muppets and Sesame Street...he already is.

I recently made my first 'real' puppet. I decided to give puppet building a go! I've been trolling here for a while now, gathering tips and ideas. His name is 'Mr. FoxWorthy' and he had his first gig as a special guest performer this past Saturday at one of the local bars here. He had the pleasure of singing some Christmas duets with a friend of mine...um..his.

Here he is delivering a very important holiday message. (this was a quick video to see how he looks on camera...I figured: why not make it a positive message).

GroverBoy

Reaction score
Greetings! I am a first generation SESAME STREET kid who especially loved the muppet segments. In Christmas 1971 I got all of the original release Educational Toys puppets. It was the best Christmas ever! All my original toys were destroyed in a fire when I was a teenager and it is only in the last five or six year that I began to replace them. My focus is on 1970s stuff and other bits and pieces that catch my eyes - especially foreign SESAME stuff. While I love the MUPPET SHOW gang my collecting interests are pretty much limited to SESAME STREET. Glad I finally signed up! No idea what took me so long :smile:

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a long time muppet fan. I'm a child of the 80's so I watched a lot of muppets and sesame street and related and I still do. I'm proud to say that my almost three year old daughter loves the Muppets and Sesame Street. We listen to a lot of old school vynel and she gets excited and names the characters as she hears them. My little 4 month old son will also grow up surround by Muppets and Sesame Street...he already is.

I recently made my first 'real' puppet. I decided to give puppet building a go! I've been trolling here for a while now, gathering tips and ideas. His name is 'Mr. FoxWorthy' and he had his first gig as a special guest performer this past Saturday at one of the local bars here. He had the pleasure of singing some Christmas duets with a friend of mine...um..his.

Here he is delivering a very important holiday message. (this was a quick video to see how he looks on camera...I figured: why not make it a positive message).

Hi FoxWorthy!
I just watched your video, and I must say for your first puppet he looks very well made, and your puppeteering was also very well done! I can't wait to see if you do more.
Also I have a 5 and 4 year old, and know all about raising them up in all things Muppet. In fact I think they both are now bigger fans then I was at there age.
Welcome abroad! :smile:

Greetings! I am a first generation SESAME STREET kid who especially loved the muppet segments. In Christmas 1971 I got all of the original release Educational Toys puppets. It was the best Christmas ever! All my original toys were destroyed in a fire when I was a teenager and it is only in the last five or six year that I began to replace them. My focus is on 1970s stuff and other bits and pieces that catch my eyes - especially foreign SESAME stuff. While I love the MUPPET SHOW gang my collecting interests are pretty much limited to SESAME STREET. Glad I finally signed up! No idea what took me so long :smile:

Hi Grover boy! Welcome to Muppet Central, It's so nice to meet a fan of the first generation of Sesame Street. I'm sorry about you losing all your collectables, and hopefully you will be able to find some of them on here. I would suggest looking through the Buy,Sell,Trade section of the forum there may be some things there your looking for.

Welcome Aboard! :smile:

GroverBoy

Reaction score
Dwayne1115 said:
I'm sorry about you losing all your collectables, and hopefully you will be able to find some of them on here.
Thanks, Dwayne! I've slowly been building my collection of vintage SESAME stuff. The sort of things I really need now are generally quite hard to come by: Cookie Monster and Big Bird in the original open front boxes, the French Mordicus puppet, Mexican Abelardo and Paco puppets, etc. I have a few questions on some recent acquisitions and will be positing them shortly.

Last edited:

Bridget

Reaction score
Hi there GroverBoy! It's great to meet you! Welcome to the family, dearest! :wink:

aebthegofer

Reaction score
Howdy everyone!

I'm Aeb. My very first movie was Muppet Christmas Carol. And much to my brothers' dismay, we watch it every year! I grew up watching Sesame Street, and now that I have kids to take care of, I have an excuse to watch it again!
My dream is to puppeteer for a living. Right now, I just puppeteer for the kids at church. (And at our church, kids are anyone from age 0-80. Once you're 80, you're a young adult!)
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here.

~Aeb

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hi Abe, and welcome to MC! I also love Muppet Christmas Carol and watch it at least three times during the holiday.

aebthegofer

Reaction score
Hi Abe, and welcome to MC! I also love Muppet Christmas Carol and watch it at least three times during the holiday.
Hi Dwayne!
I wish I could watch Muppet Christmas Carol three times a season! I guess someday I'll have to get it on DVD and watch it on my laptop in my room. :wink:

~Aeb

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hi Dwayne!
I wish I could watch Muppet Christmas Carol three times a season! I guess someday I'll have to get it on DVD and watch it on my laptop in my room. :wink:

~Aeb
Maybe one year you will get it for Christmas!