New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Revriley

Reaction score
Hello all,

I, like many of you and others, grew up watching Sesame Street. As a small child I adored Elmo (I had a little plastic Elmo figurine I carried around everywhere) and read Grover's "There's a Monster in this book" children's book over and over.

But as I grew older I went further back into TV history and fell in love with the Muppet Show, starring the same Muppets I had seen in the Muppets Christmas Carol and other beloved movies. It wasn't just the Muppets themselves that got me hooked on the show, but as someone who has acted before onstage I could and can deeply appreciate the backstage (and onstage) mishaps and drama.

I've never done any puppeteering myself (though I'd love to take a class someday). I'm a university student studying history and archaeology.

I may end up writing fanfiction for the Muppets, who knows? Anyway, glad to be a member of a great community.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hello all,

I, like many of you and others, grew up watching Sesame Street. As a small child I adored Elmo (I had a little plastic Elmo figurine I carried around everywhere) and read Grover's "There's a Monster in this book" children's book over and over.

But as I grew older I went further back into TV history and fell in love with the Muppet Show, starring the same Muppets I had seen in the Muppets Christmas Carol and other beloved movies. It wasn't just the Muppets themselves that got me hooked on the show, but as someone who has acted before onstage I could and can deeply appreciate the backstage (and onstage) mishaps and drama.

I've never done any puppeteering myself (though I'd love to take a class someday). I'm a university student studying history and archaeology.

I may end up writing fanfiction for the Muppets, who knows? Anyway, glad to be a member of a great community.
Well I would like to welcome you to Muppet Central! I hope you find what you are looking for, and I hope that we see your fan fics very soon.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Hello all,

Aww, same here, @Revriley.:smile: Sesame Street was my life when I was littler growing up. And after I graduated elementary school, I absolutely fell in love with The Muppets after seeing the 2011 Muppet movie in theaters.:fanatic::fanatic:

Ian Mac

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and new to making puppets so it's been a frustrating few months of learning and re patterning and re sewing. Still navigating round the MC site and finding my bearings. Some fantastic posts and replies on here.
Deciding on eyes is my current challenge.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and new to making puppets so it's been a frustrating few months of learning and re patterning and re sewing. Still navigating round the MC site and finding my bearings. Some fantastic posts and replies on here.
Welcome ian Mac :smile: hope you enjoy it here.

EML74

Reaction score
HELLO!! I'm so excited to find all of you! I've LOVED Ernie all my life!! What I'm REALLY wanting, hoping to find is the Palisade Ernie. I've searched all over and nothing :frown: can anyone help me?? I'd also love to chat with other Ernie lovers! THANKS for allowing me to come into your group! :stick_out_tongue:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
HELLO!! I'm so excited to find all of you! I've LOVED Ernie all my life!! What I'm REALLY wanting, hoping to find is the Palisade Ernie. I've searched all over and nothing :frown: can anyone help me?? I'd also love to chat with other Ernie lovers! THANKS for allowing me to come into your group! :stick_out_tongue:
Welcome fellow Ernie lover! I have been a long time fan of Ernie, and he use to be his imaginary friend when I was a kid. To this day if I could hang out with one Muppet from Sesame Street it would be a close tie between Ernie and Oscar.
Welcome to the forum.

EML74

Reaction score
HI!! If you make Ernie,will you PLEASE get a hold of me?? I LOVE having home made Ernies :smile: