The RHLC!

Skye

Reaction score
I love "Letter B" as well! Quite a few of my favorite Muppet songs feature Richard doing lead vocals, I admit, lol. I completely agree that Richard is one of the best singers of the Muppeteers. There's something that I find cute about Dave's voice, but my favorite singers have always been Richard, Jerry and Steve. Their musicality, harmonies, and all-around lovely voices always just speak to me and touch my heart. "Mr. Bassman," "Free and High," "Just a Dream Away," "Wemblin' Fool," "Rama Lama Ding Dong," and the previously mentioned "Six String Orchestra" are a very short list of some of my all-time favorite songs just off the top of my head that really showcase how fantastic they are. There are so many more, too.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Hi there! I been lurking around Muppet Central and I was wondering if it is too late to join the RHLC club. Is the thread closed or just hasn't been used yet?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hey! Nope, the thread's not closed, everyone's just been busy. Feel free to share! :wink:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
That's good! Whew! Anyway, since the Henson show I first watched was Fraggle Rock, I wanted to hide from Junior Gorg, but I got to love Gunge with Philo "The all-knowing Trash Heap! Nyeahhhh!" There was no way to be scared of Gunge. Today, I am not scared of Junior as I was a long time ago.

Sesame Street - Hmmm! This might be the second show I seen on television. There was Gladys the Cow, Forgetful Jones (who doesn't like the Oklahoma sketch when he sang eeee, then aaaaa, well. gee he forgot that it was ooooooklahoma... that sketch always made me laugh), Don Music (the paino player that tries a song and then bangs his head on the piano). I mean we all get fruatrated like him where come up with a song for a Muppet to sing and at the last minute we feel like banging our heads to a table just because we said some words that Don Music would say... I'll never ever get this right! NEVER! And then there is Placidio Flammingo! I had a feeling Hunt spent more time on SS than any other show.

I have read that Nelson tried performing Elmo for once and that was a failure, then Hunt took over the character, but it still wasn't right either. So, Hunt threw the Elmo puppet to Clash.

Muppet Show - I have never ever seen this show for years. First, I kind of came to Muppet Central Forum and I was so new to the site. Then, I read some fanfics and it mentioned Scooter. I thought, "Who is Scooter?" So, then I went to YouTube and I found out that not only did he perform Scooter, he was Statler, some Muppet Whatnots, a Gills Brother, anything

Whew! That is all I can tell about Richard Hunt.

Well, this is my first time being in this club and i can't wait what this thread will bring.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes! It was a very nice tribute to Hunt and Philip the webmaster that found Muppet Central wrote the article. That made me wonder if Philp was telling the truth that there wasn't enough tributes for Richard.
Well back when it was written that was probably true, but there's been a lot of nice tributes in the past few years. The Muppetcast did a few, you can still hear those I believe. http://muppetcast.com/WordPress/tag/richard-hunt/feed/

RHLC member MuppetNewsgirl made an AIDS quilt (http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/aids-quilt-panel-for-richard-hunt.27445/).

I wrote a blog entry tribute awhile back (sorry for the plug, hehe): http://herald7.wordpress.com/2009/06/30/richard-hunt-1951-1992/

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I;m so glad to see this thread being bumped up again! Richard was such a wonderful part f the Muppets, and is truly missed to this very day!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I was reading in Jim Henson the Bio about how Richard had made some off comments about a gust star of the Muppet Show, and how David Lazer felt that Jim needed to really let Richard have it. So Lazer calls Richard into his office and chews him out to the point Richard was in tears. Then Lazer sends him to Jim's office and before Richard to get into the door Jim was there hugging Richard and telling him everything would be OK.