Funko Pop Series 2

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Good point. I guess my rage got the best of me there,Probably because I just watched the Lady Gaga and the muppets special. Boy, that video is hor-ee-baal!!Somtimes I wanna slug Disney.

Wha?? Funco purchased a Muppet license so of course they're going to use it on all the lucrative products they offer. If cupcake holders didn't make money, they wouldn't make them.

I also think Disney/ABC did as much as they could to minimize any potential damage of a watered-down special. It was barely promoted. However, the Muppets were great in it. I don't think it harmed them at all. They were the bright spot. Gaga has since admitted to personal struggles at the time that program was taped. She bears the responsibility for it. Not Disney.

I'll agree that Eisner deserved criticism for all of his cheapquels, but Disney has done mostly right by the Muppets since 2008 when they first greenlit the development of their feature film with Segel. Why the heck would anyone want to "slug" them?

While I'm frustrated that the last two seasons of the Muppet Show are still under lock and key in Disney's vault, I trust there's a good reason. It's likely do to music rights that are beyond their control. Who knows? The Henson Company never released full season sets so Disney has already gone above and beyond in that department.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wha?? Funco purchased a Muppet license so of course they're going to use it on all the lucrative products they offer. If cupcake holders didn't make money, they wouldn't make them.
Exactly the point I was trying to make. The Cupcake figures (not holders, figures for some reason shaped like Cupcakes) just didn't seem to move. They were intended for a female collector, going for Disney princesses and Fairies and MLP:FIM licenses. Suffice to say, the Muppet ones were probably not produced for the whole line's failure. And it wasn't exactly their first flop of a toyline. They had some really stupid flat, angular figures that didn't really look all that good that only produced a couple Simpsons and Batman before being discontinued. Meanwhile, Pops, blind boxed figures, and Bobbleheads still manage to have healthy sales.

Still find it funny that Disney gets any blame other than having a license purchased. Glad to know I'm not the only one who knows that.

I also think Disney/ABC did as much as they could to minimize any potential damage of a watered-down special. It was barely promoted. However, the Muppets were great in it. I don't think it harmed them at all. They were the bright spot. Gaga has since admitted to personal struggles at the time that program was taped. She bears the responsibility for it. Not Disney.
While I don't think the special was great by any means, I find the amount of hate it gets just ridiculous considering:

A) it was never meant to be an annual classic, and was only made to promote and album and a movie.

B) we've sat through admittedly much worse for 5 minutes or less of just Piggy and Kermit with maybe like one more character

and C) the Liberace episode of The Muppet Show was far far far far worse in terms of celebrities upstaging the Muppets. He did it on their own show!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Ive been thinking since its a "MMW" funko line it would have been cool for them to make Jean Napoleon Pierce, Dominic Badguy, Nadya, and Constantine

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, Tough Pigs visited Toy Fare, and according to a representative at Funko, Sam and the Swedish Chef are the only new Muppet figures coming out: http://www.toughpigs.com/fair-play-2014/
I actually found out the reason why...Seems they're re-releasing Kermit, Piggy, and Animal as well as the 2 new characters. Which is disappointing, as they are unaltered and not even variants. Not even an alternate color of Piggy. Unfortunately Dr. Teeth, Snowths, and Mahna Mahna aren't getting rereleases.

galagr

Reaction score
I actually found out the reason why...Seems they're re-releasing Kermit, Piggy, and Animal as well as the 2 new characters. Which is disappointing, as they are unaltered and not even variants. Not even an alternate color of Piggy. Unfortunately Dr. Teeth, Snowths, and Mahna Mahna aren't getting rereleases.

Meh...if you ask me, re-releasing the figures is a bad move. They should've introduced more figures of characters we haven't seen yet, like Rowlf, Beaker, or Bunsen. I mean, if history shows, secondary characters actually sell out faster than the main characters. Just look at the Disney Store plushes. Rowlf and the Swedish Chef sold out within the week they were released and they still haven't gotten off their keisters and restocked them. There's a pile of money just sitting there for them.

We've seen lots of Kermit, Piggy, and Animal merchandise before. Everyone owns something with their face on it. They need to give other characters their turn in the spotlight. I'm not saying we should get plushes, action figures, and shirts of Nigel, Timmy Monster, or Wanda (although that would be awesome). But, good lord, give us SOMETHING with Scooter on it.

Granted, Scooter would look pretty ghastly with Funko eyes. :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Meh...if you ask me, re-releasing the figures is a bad move. They should've introduced more figures of characters we haven't seen yet, like Rowlf, Beaker, or Bunsen. I mean, if history shows, secondary characters actually sell out faster than the main characters. Just look at the Disney Store plushes. Rowlf and the Swedish Chef sold out within the week they were released and they still haven't gotten off their keisters and restocked them. There's a pile of money just sitting there for them.
It's a pretty logical step to rerelease the characters. The figures have all sold out, even the Kermit and Piggys quite some time ago. If you can actually find one, consider yourself lucky. Personally, I'd rather they restock the entire first series line up and the new characters with promises of a third and fourth series once the movie hits home video.

Though I really think they should have at least given Piggy a variant color dress. Maybe animal with a variant body (like a different shirt, Palisades style).

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
Piggy should have worn her green dress and Animal should have worn his white shirt,or maybe they could wear the gold and white tuxedos.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone see the Sam or Chef yet?

I know the Peabody and Sherman (and Rocky and Bullwinkle) ones were just released a couple weeks ago...