Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hey Colette! I did something like that for my Vector Class in college! Our professor insisted it had to be an existing movie to design vector graphics for 1 title, 6 intros and 1 credit reel. Live action is easier to get away with compare to animation, but what about puppetry? So I used The Great Muppet Caper for my final project in class. Hardest one outta the 8 was the Electric Mayhem--all six of them--on top of the broken trolley! :cool: I also had fun drawing Pops and Scooter in the Happiness Hotel. My teacher was impressed that I did them all by using the thumbnail drawings first (all by digital tablet, of course!) :smile:

Anyway, will this FR story thing you're doing be a tribute to Jerry Nelson? That'll be nice for the year's events--what did we agree on again?--Oh yeah! Music! :sing: It's Music Time-Day, everyone!
That's wonderful. Can I see your vectors, please?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Hey Colette! I did something like that for my Vector Class in college! Our professor insisted it had to be an existing movie to design vector graphics for 1 title, 6 intros and 1 credit reel. Live action is easier to get away with compare to animation, but what about puppetry? So I used The Great Muppet Caper for my final project in class. Hardest one outta the 8 was the Electric Mayhem--all six of them--on top of the broken trolley! :cool: I also had fun drawing Pops and Scooter in the Happiness Hotel. My teacher was impressed that I did them all by using the thumbnail drawings first (all by digital tablet, of course!) :smile:

Anyway, will this FR story thing you're doing be a tribute to Jerry Nelson? That'll be nice for the year's events--what did we agree on again?--Oh yeah! Music! :sing: It's Music Time-Day, everyone!
The FR one-shot a tribute to Jerry Nelson? Yes! I will do the best I can and trust me, no mix ups. Just Fraggle Rock, because I guess that was show I remember the most as a child, before Sesame Street, and anything else.

Weirdo96

Reaction score
It's hard to believe that it's been a year since Jerry Nelson passed away. I remember the day I found out he died like it was yesterday. I just couldn't believe it. Jerry Nelson, one of the greatest Muppet performers of all time,was dead. Just thinking about it is making me a little teary eyed. Rest in peace, Mr. Nelson.
:sing::fishy::crazy::search::batty::smirk:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
My dad suggested putting what I put on Facebook here: It was exactly one year ago today that we lost Muppeteer extraordinaire, Jerry Nelson. I want all of you to celebrate by watching this wonderful tribute someone made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuyI0bgwceQ. Here's all his characters in the order they appear in this video: Herry Monster, Robin the Frog, Emmett Otter, Biff, Julius Strangepork, Slim Wilson, Camilla the Chicken, Marjory the Trash Heap, Snuffy, Balthazar the Bear, Angus McGonagle, Statler, Sherlock Hemlock, Pops, Louis Kazagger, the Amazing Mumford, Miss Mousey, Pa Gorg, Ubergonzo, Mad Monty, the Count, Jerry Nelson Muppet, the left head of the Two-headed Monster, Gobo Fraggle, Floyd Pepper, the Architect Doozer, Dying Skeksis Emperor, Blind Pew, Skeksis High Priest, Little Jerry, Scred, the Ghost of Christmas Present, Emily Bear, Sam the Robot, Featherstone, Frazzle, Lew Zealand, Mr. Johnson, Uncle Deadly, Thog, the pink Yip-Yip, T. R. Rooster and Crazy Harry. We all miss you, Jerry.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Well, it's been a year pretty much, but it still seems like yesterday that I logged onto Facebook, and the first thing I saw on my homepage was that Muppet Wiki posted picture of Jerry Nelson with the caption: "RIP, Jerry. We love you. <3", which left me speechless for a few minutes. Here we are 365 days later, and I'm spending as much time as I can here on Muppet Central, listening to every song on the radio that has been chosen to honor Jerry, while I wear a shirt with The Count on it. Later on, I will also watch Stephanie D’Abruzzo's famous clip montage of 150 of Jerry's characters.

To see what I did in honor of Jerry 2 weeks ago, go to the 379th post of this thread: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/international-skits-on-youtube.30514/page-19

RIP, Jerry! As usual, I hope you're having one wonderful time with Jim and Richard up there!

theSHE124

Reaction score
My dad suggested putting what I put on Facebook here: It was exactly one year ago today that we lost Muppeteer extraordinaire, Jerry Nelson. I want all of you to celebrate by watching this wonderful tribute someone made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuyI0bgwceQ. Here's all his characters in the order they appear in this video: Herry Monster, Robin the Frog, Emmett Otter, Biff, Julius Strangepork, Slim Wilson, Camilla the Chicken, Marjory the Trash Heap, Snuffy, Balthazar the Bear, Angus McGonagle, Statler, Sherlock Hemlock, Pops, Louis Kazagger, the Amazing Mumford, Miss Mousey, Pa Gorg, Ubergonzo, Mad Monty, the Count, Jerry Nelson Muppet, the left head of the Two-headed Monster, Gobo Fraggle, Floyd Pepper, the Architect Doozer, Dying Skeksis Emperor, Blind Pew, Skeksis High Priest, Little Jerry, Scred, the Ghost of Christmas Present, Emily Bear, Sam the Robot, Featherstone, Frazzle, Lew Zealand, Mr. Johnson, Uncle Deadly, Thog, the pink Yip-Yip, T. R. Rooster and Crazy Harry. We all miss you, Jerry.

I said it before and I'll say it again--this HAS to be the best Jerry Tribute ever done! :fanatic:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
R.I.P Jerry Nelson :sing:(1975-2004) :fishy: (1978-2001) :crazy: (1975-2004) :cluck: (1978-2004) :boo: (1975; 1992-2003) :smirk: (the run of Fraggle Rock) :jim: (1975-? Discontinued) :search: (1970's-Early 2000s) and whether you're a muppet fan or you've never seen Sesame Street :batty: was his most popular character of all! :batty: (1972-2012). Though it's unfortunate that in the news reports of his death they didn't even mention his work on the muppet show or fraggle rock. R.I.P Jerry R.I.P