So... Sesame Street Season 44!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Wait, so this "new" Cookie Monster segment is going to have him play a secret agent? It sure sounds like Munchin: Impossible, and if it's believed to be that, those shorts may finally see the light of day :insatiable:
The new Cookie segment is supposed to teach things like patience and self-control. Munchin' Impossible was about healthy eating, so I don't think it's going to be that segment. But from what I've found on Twitter, the new segment may be called "The Spy Who Loved Cookies".

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It seems they've started taping the celebrity Word of the Day segments over in LA. Ginny Goodwin of Once Upon a Time and The Simpsons' Hank Azaria were reported to have filmed some bits today. And Grover's gonna be in them, so hopefully the bits will be funny for once.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You had me at Hank Azaria!

Too bad they couldn't fly Carol over with Oscar and have a Night at the Museum 2 reunion, but I'm not complaining.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
There's something that's been on my mind for quite a while, regarding this Jerry Nelson tribute that they'll be doing. Is it going to be a stand-alone special, or is it going to be both a special AND an episode (like The Street We Live On was supposed to be)?

SW, I hope you get that press kit up soon!!!!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's something that's been on my mind for quite a while, regarding this Jerry Nelson tribute that they'll be doing. Is it going to be a stand-alone special, or is it going to be both a special AND an episode (like The Street We Live On was supposed to be)?

SW, I hope you get that press kit up soon!!!!
They had all the episodes written a few months before shooting, and Jerry's passing, so they had the whole season planned out in advance. I'm not sure how it's gonna work; an insert maybe?

The press kit usually isn't put online until the first week in August (so it should come out the 5th of August). They're not done shooting yet (they seem to have just started the Celebrity/Word segments, so those are left to post-production before they make everything official).

Drtooth

Reaction score
They had all the episodes written a few months before shooting, and Jerry's passing, so they had the whole season planned out in advance. I'm not sure how it's gonna work; an insert maybe?
I'm sure they probably had time to rewrite one episode or write and entirely new one before shooting. I'd think that if anything, they worked something into an existing episode when it was shot, so the tribute might be a subtle one.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score

The press kit usually isn't put online until the first week in August (so it should come out the 5th of August). They're not done shooting yet (they seem to have just started the Celebrity/Word segments, so those are left to post-production before they make everything official).
Very well, then, whatever you say. I can always count on you (pun intended; probably not my best one) for answers like this!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Something neat: The season's going to have a new, bi-lingual version of "I Love My Hair" (which seems a tad too recent to warrant a remake), which Armando's actor actually wrote as part of his audition.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The bilingual skits are coming back. Haven't seen those since, maybe the early 90's or so. Only thing close was that sit and stand song in English, French and Spanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.