So... Sesame Street Season 44!

Status
Not open for further replies.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
They do have parodies in street stories as well. Just this darn lead time and doing everything well over a year in advance can come back to bite them. Look at the LMNOP episode. ***** broke up well before that episode aired, and Gangham Style made everyone completely forget them, and Harlem Shake made everyone forget about that.
Come on. I'd love a Gangnam Style and Harlem Shake parody.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's really only been season 43 that was shot between two seasons. Not really a big deal. The LMNOP ep. was shot sometime last fall; not their fault it was slightly dated by then, the episode was written well in advance.
That's kinda what I'm talking about. The only problem I have with shooting in advance is when they write and shoot these at the moment pop culture parodies, and by the time they actually air, they're pretty dated. It's like that Simpsons episode where all the Itchy and Scratchy cartoons were parodies of last year's movies, and Krusty tells the audience that these things take a year to make (thus referencing some of their problems). Then again, there's always the problem with short attention span pop culture that doesn't even give us 15 minutes to absorb fame, and there's always something else 5 minutes in.

JLG

Reaction score
I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I really like Chris a lot. I enjoy his presence and personality and I feel that he fits in perfectly. It's almost like he filled a void that I didn't even know was there, and it almost feels now like he's always been there. Sure he's hammy, but honestly, EVERYONE is now. Even Maria. That's just how it is. I don't like the new hammy approach compared to the more natural, "ad-libby" tone the acting used to have, but that's what they feel they have to do to hold kids' attention against all the competition now. So it goes.

Gabi's gone? When did THAT happen?

Drtooth

Reaction score
They always had some level of ham... they're just overdoing it now. I don't know if it's on purpose or they don't realize it. But I'll take ham over stiff with poor chemistry any day (insert reference to MwOZ).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So, there were apparently some sneak peaks at the season shown at the PBS meeting the video above came from. Some of it's recapped here, collecting various tweets from attendees. Some things to be noted:
  • Cookie Monster as James Bond in some manner
  • Parodies of Homeland and Sons of Anarchy
  • Game of Throne's Peter Dinklage will appear, playing Simon Says
  • A new Big Bird song about cooperation
EDIT: And a Vine post showing VERY SHORT snippets of the sizzle reel: https://vine.co/v/b0Lx1nIMPmQ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't see how they can make Homeland kid friendly. This is going to be very interesting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Who, what, and why is "A Vine Post Showing a Sizzle Reel", and why does that like sound like some kind of jive turkey?

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Wait, so this "new" Cookie Monster segment is going to have him play a secret agent? It sure sounds like Munchin: Impossible, and if it's believed to be that, those shorts may finally see the light of day :insatiable:

Status
Not open for further replies.