Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I had the same thought. I think THAT would be worthwhile watching. Unlike the Jar-Jar Binks idea they had for a few days.
By a few days, I hope you mean a few seconds:wink:. Anyway, yes, we totally need a movie explaining what Chewie's deal is. How does he go from being a brave warrior and leader fighting alongside Yoda to being a smuggler's sidekick:confused:. I'm inclined to believe the fan theories that he was undercover the whole time, which makes more sense. Also, did I mention I'd like to see more Wedge Antilles:embarrassed:?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I had the same thought. I think THAT would be worthwhile watching. Unlike the Jar-Jar Binks idea they had for a few days.
Other than a couple appearances on The Clone Wars (where they managed to salvage the character if you can believe it), something tells me they have absolutely no plans to include a character no one likes in its own movie. That's just throwing money away.

Boba Fett, Han Solo, maybe Yoda... those are the films they're looking to do.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Other than a couple appearances on The Clone Wars (where they managed to salvage the character if you can believe it),
I believe it, the show actually made me interested in what happened to Darth Maul, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Clone Wars proves that everything wrong with the prequels was Lucas's fault. While they could have been good if they were expanded universe novels or some type of cartoon series like this, George was surrounded by Yes Men who let him have his way with the projects. The only reason the original trilogy is looked upon with respect and not as that goofy B movie campfest with an annoying Jewish robot is because Lucas was open to collaboration.

I did like Darth Maul, but I feel that the character was absolutely wasted because he wasn't part of that Pod race bit that went on forever, and therefore his time was cut short.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Clone Wars proves that everything wrong with the prequels was Lucas's fault. While they could have been good if they were expanded universe novels or some type of cartoon series like this, George was surrounded by Yes Men who let him have his way with the projects. The only reason the original trilogy is looked upon with respect and not as that goofy B movie campfest with an annoying Jewish robot is because Lucas was open to collaboration.

I did like Darth Maul, but I feel that the character was absolutely wasted because he wasn't part of that Pod race bit that went on forever, and therefore his time was cut short.
I would've liked to have seen Maul be the Big Bad of the prequels, with the final confrontation being saved for Ep. 2 or 3, instead of him being killed in the 1st film. They could've kept Darth Maul for AT LEAST Ep. 2 and scrapped Dooku altogether, as he paled in comparison. I heard they brought Maul back in the final season of Clone Wars, but after being cut in half AND falling down a seemingly endless shaft, it seems pretty implausible that he could come back.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't have minded if he was just the big bad of the first movie! Seems that Space Dick Dastardly had more screen time and was a bigger threat. That *&^% Pod Race totally ate up screen time for more worthy characters and worthy plots. The best character in the movie gets killed off quickly, and is never mentioned again. As improbable as a comeback would be, I'm glad they brought him back in Clone Wars. He deserved better. The prequel really should have started with his story.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I assume everybody on the planet agrees that the Podrace scene in episode 1 is easily one of the worst things ever. I mean, even Lucas must realize how dumb it was by now. Anyway, maybe after they release the reboots they can remake the prequels and do them right. I see no reason why Maul couldn't have been the big bad of Ep. 1, 2, and 3, just as Vader was the big bad for the original trilogy. But instead of focusing on one great big bad like Maul, we got a bunch of throwaway villains, like Dooku, General Grievous, Jango Fett, Nute Gunray, and Sebulba. Maul was cooler than all these villains combined.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Grievous was better used in both Clone Wars series (Genndy's and the CGI one) than in the movie. He really seemed to come from nowhere, and his decrepitness wasn't fully explained. I like the other villains okay, but Maul should have been the big bad of at least the first film the entire way through. I can't quite explain it in any other way... he was barely the Ginyu Force to Frieza. The Trade organization was a bigger bad, and way racist.

Whatever anyone's opinions on the prequels were, the first one should have had a completely different story. They followed Anakin too young, they spent too much time establishing things without major time skips (though, to be fair, the only time passing in the original movies was between the films)... if there was any collaboration in this film, I'm sure 75% of it would have been voted down. All unfiltered Lucas, right here.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Grievous was better used in both Clone Wars series (Genndy's and the CGI one) than in the movie. He really seemed to come from nowhere, and his decrepitness wasn't fully explained. I like the other villains okay, but Maul should have been the big bad of at least the first film the entire way through. I can't quite explain it in any other way... he was barely the Ginyu Force to Frieza. The Trade organization was a bigger bad, and way racist.

Whatever anyone's opinions on the prequels were, the first one should have had a completely different story. They followed Anakin too young, they spent too much time establishing things without major time skips (though, to be fair, the only time passing in the original movies was between the films)... if there was any collaboration in this film, I'm sure 75% of it would have been voted down. All unfiltered Lucas, right here.
I would really like to have seen Maul and Anakin have a knock-your-socks-off lightsaber battle in the 2nd film, rather than the sub-par battle with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in Ep. 1. I REALLY didn't care about Qui-Gon as a character, and the film doesn't give you a reason to, so I didn't care much when Maul kills him. But yes, I think it would've made more sense if Anakin had killed Maul in a saber battle and was then groomed by Palpatine as his replacement.

mr3urious

Reaction score
While not a confirmed cast member yet, Mark Hamill hopes for a better balance between practical effects and CGI. I do, too. :smile:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05...e-for-a-balance-between-cgi-and-old-school-fx

Shooting of Episode VII will begin next year, as well.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/06/star-wars-episode-vii-begins-shooting-in-2014

Plus, EA signs an exclusive deal to publish future SW games. Hopefully this would mean 1313 development would start back up again! :smile:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/06/ea-acquires-star-wars-game-license

Status
Not open for further replies.