Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
There's been a couple of Star Wars film "announcements" over the last few days, but it basically amounts to "we're starting filming soon" and "we're staying true to the original trilogy," nothing groundbreaking. What IS groundbreaking was EA DICE showing a trailer for what appears to be Battlefront 3 at this year's E3. Everyone thought there was no chance of a 3rd Battlefront after the Disney takeover, and for once it's nice to be proven wrong.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Back on the topic of Star Wars walkarounds:
There are SW walk-arounds by Star Tours, as well as EVERYWHERE for Star Wars Weekends, (which takes place in the summer).
The walk-around usually hang out right next to Star Tours, by the Jedi Training Academy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's been a couple of Star Wars film "announcements" over the last few days, but it basically amounts to "we're starting filming soon" and "we're staying true to the original trilogy," nothing groundbreaking.
I wouldn't want it too groundbreaking. When something like this tries to break ground, chances are the ground collapses around them. Look at the prequel films. We got equal parts how sausage is made and botched political thriller and not enough action. There's a lot of it that could have been done better under a different director, no doubt. But there's parts of those films that should have had a second look over.

I'm sure that the Star Wars team is vastly afraid of huge backlashes, and that may unfortunately put a cap on what they would like to do. They shouldn't. I'm sure they know what fans want to see in a Star Wars film, and they'll follow that best they could.

But good news for the video game. Hopefully EA won't blow it.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Yes, my brother and I played Battlefront 2 for hours on end, and I've been dying for Battlefront 3. Hopefully they don't radically change the format. I just want them to ad more unlockable Heroes (Lando, obviously), make the stages even bigger, have ground-to-space combat (which was in the 1st game but not the 2nd) and get rid of lopsided battles (e.g. in multiplayer it was all but impossible for the Rebels to win at Hoth or the Empire to win at Endor, and although this is staying true to the films it makes the fights unfair).

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
J.J. Abrams is a directing genius. His new Star Wars movies will be amazing, no doubt about that one. :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score

Skywalker82

Reaction score
I'm very happy and excited Disney bought Lucasfilm! reasons? Lucas lost his touch in the late 90s to 2012 as he was so good in the 70s and 80s and got corrupted to the darkside for real and i believe he was tired of all the abuse he has been put through over the years for the SW prequels, Indy 4, the constantly tinkering with the OT, refusing to release the unaltered cuts on blu-ray etc. and his last film was a flop at the box-office, so he decided to retire and give his company to Disney to take care of it while he is gone. Afterall it makes sense since we got Captain EO, Star Tours, Indiana Jones Forbidden Eye ride at Disneyland and Indy stunt show plus that Pixar was once part of Lucasfilm before it was bought by Disney in 2006 as they are runited again.

Disney did wonders with purchases like Pixar (exception Cars 2), Marvel and Muppets and struck gold with them with now Star Wars and Indiana Jones. I mean Disney now has a bigger boy's market than ever! i mean girls have Fairies and Princesses with Miss Piggy on the girl's market and boys now have Marvel, Cars, SW, Pirates and Indiana Jones with some Muppets with Aladdin/Lion King.

Say DrTooth do you think Lucas ruined Indiana Jones as well with that terrible fourth movie? don't forget Indy is part of Lucasfilm too. Disney has confirmed to make Indiana Jones 5 as they will do future Indy movies with Paramount keeping the previous 4 movies! and we'll get new Indy merchandise, new animated show, new comics, a few more attractions at disneyworld and all that.

Who thinks it would be awesome to have Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Captain EO and Willow worlds in Kingdom Hearts? i do! i mean it would be unique especially Darth Vader and Mola Ram as villains. Plus you can have Yoda and Short Round summons.

And very soon Disney and Fox can join forces for a blu-ray boxset of the unbutchered versions of Star Wars trilogy released from the vaults at Lucasfilm and digitally restored/remastered for PQ and HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.