Video: New Elmo premieres at the 2013 Easter Egg Roll

wes

Reaction score
The children could probably care less, they just want to talk to Elmo. And
And even if the children liked Elmo they are probably freaked out to see him in real life.

zns

Reaction score
Here's the video:
Ryan has done a fantastic job. They couldn't have picked a better performer. And everyone, both children and parents seemed very happy to see Elmo. That is truly the power of the puppet. :laugh:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I really do miss Kevin but this Ryan guy seems to be doing an okay job. Thinking about Kevin leaving Sesame Street still makes me sad but I think I could get used to this guy, maybe he'll do other characters too.
I think this guy is doing an overall great Elmo. As for him doing other characters, something tells me he doesn't have the range to do Hoots the Owl, but I could be wrong. But, of course, it's WAY more important to recast Elmo right away.

]

That being said, just focusing on Elmo, I thought he sounded great. Energy was there, mannerisms were spot on, I think as far as Sesame Street goes I think Ryan will do spectacular. As for live appearances, let's face it, alot of the improv that made THAT Elmo were Kevin. So in that sense this will be an entirely new Elmo, and how Ryan may do with that remains to be seen...
Kevin was great at doing improv with Elmo, one wouldn't need to look any further than Youtube or the documentary "Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey" to see how great he was at thinking on his feet as the little red monster. So you bought up a good point, in indeed this Ryan fellow is casted as the new principal performer of Elmo, how he would do at that with interviews and such.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Thought this would be an appropriate place to post this; Here's Elmo at a DVD release party earlier this month for the ETM DVD:

I'm pretty sure that's Ryan doing him. I feel he's over-doing it, movement-wise, but there are spots where the voice was near spot on.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Thought this would be an appropriate place to post this; Here's Elmo at a DVD release party earlier this month for the ETM DVD:

I'm pretty sure that's Ryan doing him. I feel he's over-doing it, movement-wise, but there are spots where the voice was near spot on.
Cool. He has a good singing voice. Since Alan has a Facebook page, could you ask him if that was Ryan?

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Not bad. I agree that the voice is pretty close. The puppetry itself I don't see as a problem, considering Kevin did a lot of wacky schtick with Elmo early on. :laugh: