• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50th Anniversary Celebration
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on Sesame Street's 50th anniversary special. An official DVD is on the way.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Video: New Elmo premieres at the 2013 Easter Egg Roll

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Man he can hit some high notes. I give this guys credit!!!:laugh:

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Yeah, he may not sound exactly the same, but I doubt many people would have trouble accepting him as Elmo. He definitely still feels like the same character.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's Ryan doing him. I feel he's over-doing it, movement-wise, but there are spots where the voice was near spot on.
I almost swore that they used a recording of that song at first. We have our Elmo, as far as I'm concerned.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Holy shoot, good for Mr. Dillon! As good as he is, I was just not expecting to see him actually get a major Muppet role, especially as an already established character. I sort of assumed the new guy would've been someone I've never heard of or one of the "main" well-known performers. I can hear a bit of his "Phoebe the Owl" character when he yelled a bit there (which realizing now, it is very Kevin Clash-y), but that is eerily good overall...especially eerie since we can actually see him. It's like "Wait, that's not the guy who plays Elmo...but that is Elmo.:skeptical: " I wish him luck and really look forward to seeing what he does!

But yeah, I wish anyone else but that site would've reported this. It's a shame this good debut is paired with that dumbness. But whatcha gonna do.

SSLFan

Reaction score

Looks like Ryan performing him again.

One minor critique I'd give is - while I appreciate him keeping Elmo's enthusiasm alive- is to tone down the "over-excitement" a bit. It seems like he's overdoing it at times and it tends to upstage the other muppets. Besides that, while its been difficult adjusting to Elmo having a new performer, this kid's doing a fine job.

muppetlover123

Reaction score

Looks like Ryan performing him again.

One minor critique I'd give is - while I appreciate him keeping Elmo's enthusiasm alive- is to tone down the "over-excitement" a bit. It seems like he's overdoing it at times and it tends to upstage the other muppets. Besides that, while its been difficult adjusting to Elmo having a new performer, this kid's doing a fine job.

I felt like defently he was trying to upstage the rest of the gang. But i agree 100% that Ryan's doing amazing.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I still can't get over those high notes Ryan can hit...HE IS AMAZING!!!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I said in the last video link he needs to dial it down a tad, but he's doing pretty well with such big shoes to fill.

Also, I wish they still used the extra lyrics of "Sing" ("Sing of love there will be, sing for you and for me") instead of using the first verse again. But I love that they had the Count right up front with the rest; here's hoping that he gets an increased presence in season 45. I also love the high note John T's chicken hits at the end there.