New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I want every single Muppet character that's ever been created to be in this movie.

No. Really.

Strangely enough, I want sort of the opposite. More of a focused group of quite a lot of them like MTM. Cuz there's too darn many of them, and the last film tried way too hard to include everyone possible and people still complained that someone was missing.

That way, all the main cast has a time to shine, and Gonzo doesn't get regulated to a brick joke. A really funny amazing and totally worth it brick joke... but let's see the main cast get more screen time.

cjd874

Reaction score
Boy, I hope photos of the Frackles, Uncle Deadly, Droop, Shakey Sanchez, Lenny the Lizard, and other obscure Muppets appear in the filming photos soon.
That is, if they've been rebuilt.
But I agree with you, FrackleFan2012. I would love to see Beauregard, the Newsman, Uncle Deadly, Luncheon Counter Monster, and Doglion, to name a few, in behind the scenes photos! :smile:

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I'm with Dr. Tooth on this one. The idea of cramming as many characters as possible into the last film worked because of the nostalgia factor and the relaunch concept, particularly insofar as they were re-mounting The Muppet Show. (The sight of Link Hogthrob just chatting away with Bobby Benson as everyone else buggers up their cues for the opening theme song still cracks me up.)

This time, however, we don't have the luxury of the nostalgia factor to yank everyone in. The Muppets will sink or swim on their own merits, so it won't work to have 30 or 40 (let alone 300 or 400) main characters with their own individual plotlines. Bundle it up in a nice little package and let's go from there.

Don't forget, as well, that the Muppet brain trust (pre-and-post-1990) has always found a way to work dozens of characters into the proceedings, even in films that seemed to zero in on a fixed number of familiar faces (TMM, GMC, TMTM, MCC, MFS, VMX, TM11), so I'm sure that'll be the case here as well.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
...I'm pretty sure my joke went over all y'alls heads...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Clearly it was, but it does bring up a good point.

The last film tried very hard to have as many characters possible, and that kinda lead to a slight unevenness... not to mention people complaining about Rizzo being almost absent, yet screen time for Wayne and Wanda.

This film needs a core group of quite a lot of characters... the standard Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie... Rowlf and Scooter should have pronounced roles if possible, the Electric Mayhem (which better get a full on song this time)...and then after that, maybe a few others. Of course, they could also pull a Happiness Hotel, and put all the characters imaginable in the background, but make them useful as a gang without taking too much from the core 4.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Strangely enough, I want sort of the opposite. More of a focused group of quite a lot of them like MTM. Cuz there's too darn many of them, and the last film tried way too hard to include everyone possible and people still complained that someone was missing.

That way, all the main cast has a time to shine, and Gonzo doesn't get regulated to a brick joke. A really funny amazing and totally worth it brick joke... but let's see the main cast get more screen time.
MTM was much more of a Kermit & Piggy story. I felt Fozzie, Scooter, Rowlf, Gonzo and the Mayhem were remarkably short on time compared to the first two pictures in the Jim trilogy.

Going on what we hear about the sequel, I hope that TMA showcases Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Piggy, Scooter, Rowlf, Pepe, Walter, the Electric Mayhem and the new characters (in that order) as the main cast with cameos by the other characters and one or two group shots of mammoth proportions. Such Muppet mobs are an integral part of Muppet movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.