YouTube music videos

P

Princeton

I have a few questions about the music videos that people put together on YouTube. These are the ones made out of clips from movies or TV shows with a song over them. Here are my questions:

1. What software would I need to compile one of these?
2. What is the level of difficulty in compiling one of these?

Thanx!

Faylo

Reaction score
About the software, most people just use Windows Movie Maker, which should already be on your computer if you have Windows XP. I'm not sure about people with Macs though, as I have never owned one.. But my friend has a Mac so I'll check in to what movie making programs there are.

As for the difficulty, I'm pretty sure they're not very hard to do.. I think it's only taking clips, cutting them to desired length, putting them all together and then pasting music over them. I was in a group that had to make a movie for school with that program and that was the basis of what we had to do.

I hope this helps! :smile:

P

Princeton

Faylo said:
About the software, most people just use Windows Movie Maker, which should already be on your computer if you have Windows XP. I'm not sure about people with Macs though, as I have never owned one.. But my friend has a Mac so I'll check in to what movie making programs there are.
I just checked and I do have Windows Movie Maker. Now, for more questions: How do I get the clips onto the WMM program? Would I have to insert an entire DVD into the disk drive and then edit clips out of the DVD? If so, then would that DVD be permenently missing those clips? :confused:

Oh, and thanks for your help, Faylo!:smile:

Faylo

Reaction score
Hm, I'm not sure if you can insert DVD's and copy clips from there, as we had footage from a digital camera to work with. But I do know that if you can insert a DVD and cut clips from there, they would be copied and your DVD wouldn't be harmed. :smile: I hope that makes sense..

And no problem! :smile: