You're favorite/ least favorite character designs

galagr

Reaction score
I thought I'd create this thread so we could share the character designs we like or dislike. Which character do you think improved over the years? Which do you think got worse? There's one rule to this thread, however, and that is; no making fun of season one character designs. We know, the designs weren't the best. It was the first season. Give them a break.

I prefer the older design of Animal compared to the more recent rebuild. Back in the TMS days, I thought he was cuter, but also a bit scruffier looking. His head was round (or, that's what shape his hair made it look like), and his eyebrows were a bit more prominent. Nowadays, they have his head in more of a oval shape, and they gave him these HUGE bags under his eyes. Is he a drummer, or an insomniac?

Guh! If you ask me, this version of Animal will always be the winner.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I like Kermit and Piggy's designs the way they are now.

I also dont mind the new Fozzie build never have.

Also i know Constantine has only been built once but i love how similar they made him to Kermit.

I perfer pepe in his blue jacket with green shirt though.

Bridget

Reaction score
It could just be me... but I am not exactly a big fan of Floyd's new character design. But I think Piggy and Kermit have definitely improved over the years.

cjd874

Reaction score
Favorite designs: Kermit circa 1977-1979 (seasons 2-4 of TMS), Fozzie circa 1978-1981 (seasons 3-5 of TMS), Gonzo from the Muppet Christmas Carol, and Miss Piggy from the Great Muppet Caper. I've always loved the designs of Uncle Deadly, Bunsen, Beaker, and the Electric Mayhem band as well.
Least favorite designs: the current designs for Fozzie, Gonzo, Zoot, and Scooter. I'm not really a fan of the current designs of Bobo the Bear, Crazy Harry, Sam the Eagle, and Beauregard, either.

sofiasaldanha

Reaction score
My favorite designs are Miss Piggy in season 5 and nowadays, Kermit and Fozzie.
My least favorite design is Gonzo

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm just going to say, whatever problems anyone has with the new Gonzo puppet, I think we can all agree that at least he doesn't look like this:

As for my favorite personal Piggy? GMC era. She looked magnificent in that one... oddly enough sort of like Kristen Johnston back in the 90's.

No seriously. In any order watch GMC and an episode of Third Rock. You can't unsee the likeness.

Going off The Muppets, While I think Ernie and Bert look too perfect now, I really dislike the ugly first season versions of the characters with that ugly color scheme for Ernie's sweater and his flat head. While I don't mind how Bert looks like Squidward, when they decided to make him look friendlier and more expressive, that was a huge improvement.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The GMC builds of most of the characters were probably the best.

However, I absolutely dislike the Fozzie puppet that was used in the balloon opening, then later in the Movies and Rocky Mountain specials.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Going off The Muppets, While I think Ernie and Bert look too perfect now, I really dislike the ugly first season versions of the characters with that ugly color scheme for Ernie's sweater and his flat head. While I don't mind how Bert looks like Squidward, when they decided to make him look friendlier and more expressive, that was a huge improvement.
We actually have this exact same thread for the SST Muppets' designs over the years.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/your-favorite-sst-muppet-design-through-the-years.38470/