1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: vBulletin 3.5

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We are now running vBulletin 3.5 on our forum. If you have any questions or are experiencing any problems with the new software please post them here. Below is a list of just a few of the new features you'll want to check out.
    [SIZE=+0]Database-based thread and forum read marking
    No matter how many times you visit the forum, only the threads you've seen will be marked read.

[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]Thread title editing on forumdisplay via AJAX [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]This will make it quick and on the fly for you to modify your thread titles.

Completely rewritten message editor with ability to instantly switch between standard and WYSIWYG modes
    You will use this each time you post.

Super-Quick Reply on showthread via AJAX
    Just like the improved wysiwyg editor, now you don't even have to reload a page to keep posting. You will love this.

Inline post edit on showthread via AJAX
    And to top that, clicking on edit will now not reload the page, but simply make the post editable.

Username suggestion for PM recipients and search by user via AJAX
    Not always do you know how to spell a friends names, now you dont have to. vBulletin does it for you.

MySQL Full Text Search
    A revamped search engine.

Custom avatar resizing
    No more annoyances with invalid sizes, etc. vBulletin will just do it for you.

New bbcode parser now corrects invalid tag nesting to ensure valid HTML
    Better post results, less hassle.

Spell Checker for Internet Explorer
    You can use a spell checker if running Internet Explorer. You'll need to install
    ieSpell in order to use this feature. Support for other browsers will be implemented by vBulletin as soon as tools with sufficient web-integration systems become available.

And of course, numerous bugs and annoyances resolved.
    Better browser support, and things like that.
    [/SIZE]

I will also be adding some additional new features in the days and weeks to come. Look for more details in our announcements forum.
  2. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

spell check is all right with me
  3. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

This is awesome!

And now I dont even have to refresh the page! Yes!
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Wow! This is truely amazing!!!

Look at the avatar it just re-sized for me!!!

EDIT: This edit is Pretty darn niffty!!! And a spell checker too. And, ooh, look, it just automatically updates the page I am working on, coooool!

EDIT 2: And, splended Color choice!

EDIT 3: And with such an easy edit option, why bother posting twice...I love the "Go to page" option!! Nifty or what!!!
  5. Wow! This is soo awesome!! We love it thanks!! And I will absoulutlly love the avie thing. That will be much easier...
  6. Wow!!!! I did not have to reload the page!! This is soooo awesome...

Thanks,
    FRM
  7. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

I have homework to do, I have homework to do, I have homework to do, I have homework to do, I have.... agh... not... working... must... play... with... new... features!

Edit: OOH! I LOVE THE EDITING! Oh this is very cool, this is awesome, this is... oh hey look! This is my 2100 post! Wow, I have no life and I'll be using this a lot! Now let's see... ooh, color! And let's try... I like this!
  8. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Same here WOOOOOOOO!!! :excited:

Edit: WOW! New editing! This is cool! *jumps around in color* Now that is nice
  9. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

Hey Beau, nice avatar! It resizes, you say? YAY!!!

EDIT: Yes it does! And now my Read-Alee-Deed-Alee avatar fits!

But it doesnt accept .tiff filez. Dang. And that IESPELL only works for Windows. Double Dang. Well, I'll wait for the other browsers..( since I primarily use FireFox)
  10. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

This is totally awesome, thanks for the upgrade, Phil! I'm downloading the spell check right now!
  11. I really do not care about the spell check. I always spell thangs wrong.

EDIT: Omg... the edit is sooo awesome!!!
  12. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

I'm enjoying the speed of going through the threads much better. The threads won't update for me. Guess that new feature will come in time. :smirk:
  13. Phillip

If anyone experiences any problems, do the following:

1. Delete your cookies.

2. Delete your temporary Internet files.

3. Hit refresh a couple times on the page where the problem occurs.

These are things you should only need to do a few times. What is happening for a few people is that your system thinks it is still running the old software until the latest version is loaded in your cache and cookies.
  14. Phillip

Well maybe we care. The less spelling errors you have in your messages the more seriously your posts will be received.
  15. True..... I might just download it soon after all.
  16. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I hate it! I have to re-login in everytime I visit, despite clicking "remember me".
  17. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

AMAZING! Now I won't have to bother other people to get me a new avator. I can just do it myself!! It feels good.:excited:
  18. Phillip

19. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

My thoughts so far...

Likes: The fact that now I get the thread's title at the top of the page when viewing said thread.

Dislikes:
    1 No Private Messages link on the main forum page.
    2 The fact that when I log onto the forum, I no longer get an automatic pop-up telling me I have a new PM.
    3 Having to go into my User Profile to view PM's due to the loss of the link.
    Just my initial impressions though.
  20. Phillip

Count,

The PM link on the main page and other pages appears where it has always been (if we are both thinking the same thing). I believe you should still see a pop-up too so something is going on with your settings. May want to clean out your cookies/temporary files and refresh on the forum home page.