1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: The Street We Live On

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Apr 4, 2004.

?

What did you think of "The Street We Live On" special?

Poll closed Jul 3, 2004.
  1. I thought it was good

38 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. I was very disappointed

52 vote(s)
    57.8%
Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I think you made a mistake there. Orman didn't play Gordon on the first season of Sesame Street. I take you were referring to a later season of the show or something like that.

Oh, another thing. I can't find the Sesame Street characters on the website you mentioned. Where do I click to find them?
  2. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

Hi, Daffyfan2003. I worded it wrong. I meant that Orman had a goatee on his first season on Sesame Street. He got rid of it right afterwards.

Here are the Sesame Street pages of the website (Some may take a while to download):

http://www.angelfire.com/ab2/ablpph/17thpage.html

http://www.angelfire.com/ab2/ablpph/81stpage.html

http://www.angelfire.com/ab2/ablpph/54thpage.html

http://www.angelfire.com/ab2/ablpph/3rdpage.html

http://www.angelfire.com/ab2/ablpph/58thpage.html

Have a sunny day.
  3. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

well i'm sure they do if they bother to find out and if they don't know, than obviously they don't care. i don't think it's an easy mistake to make.
  4. Spicy Bubbles

Spicy Bubbles New Member

I watched the show with my Mom, and I was, as someone else was, embarassed to watch it with her. Not that I didn't find some parts funny & all that, but it wasn't what I was expecting. It seems to me that a lot of people have problems with the special because the press release preceding it was misleading. Would y'all still have problems with the special if the press release had been more honest or stated more clearly the content & format of the show?

A few more questions, if you can humor me:
    - From what I gather, there is no DVD release of the 20th, 25th or 30th Anniversary specials (though there is a 25th Anniversary DVD that is not the actual special). Having not seen any of these, what were they like? You don't have to get that specific, but some general ideas would be helpful.

- Okay, I admit, I am not a big Sesame Street watcher. Yes, when I was a kid, I watched it. Now, not so much. I'm a little out of the loop. So what exactly is "Sesame Street Unpaved"? I know it's a book, my friend has the book, but what are the tv shows?

Thanks for your time, and for helping an under-educated Muppet fan. :)
  5. Cheebo

Cheebo New Member

The 30th one that was on TV is on DVD but the 25th and 35th dvd and brand new straight to dvd/video special's they are about

25: Telly, Prarie Daw, & Big Bird want to put on a musical show and go around central park(I think CP) getting people for it and it is cut between a ton of sesame songs like Rubber Duckie, DOin' The Pigeon,..etc. The special ends with everyone singing "Sing".

30: The Sesame characters are putting on a big musical special but Elmo locks the host, Jon Stewart in his dressing room on mistake so Elmo becomes the host. Grover drives the human cast members to the special in a limo but gets lost in Roswell. The special Elmo host's is a big musical show that is full of music video's of famous musicans doing remakes of sesame songs like Nearly Missed a Rainbow & I Don't Want To Live on the Moon. The special has a ton of backstage stuff ala The Muppet Show with the Sesame muppets like Ernie & Bert being the directors and bert being tangeled up in film, a lot of the muppets trying to knock down Jon Stewarts door..etc. They get the door down by Slimey sneezing on it. Grover arrives with the human cast members for the closing number which is all the muppet & human cast singing around 1 line of their most famous song.

35th(DVD one on TV): Big Bird, Super Grover, & Elmo go around Central Park trying to find the one song everyone can sing together. It is cut between sesame songs like Sing & Do De Rubber Duck. It ends with all the cast members(but Alan) and Sesame Muppets singing the song "Whats The Name Of That Song?"
  6. Sesame Street Unpaved was a show on Noggin featuring seleted episodes from the 1969 season through Jim Henson's last season.
  7. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The best retrospective TV specials in my opinion are the 20th anniversary shown on NBC and TV Land's/Noggin special on Sesame Street Unpaved from 1999. The TV Land/Noggin special was so good that it shows that the crew is more in touch with what the fans want than it may first appear. A&E's Biography from 2001 is also excellent.
  8. kermiejam

kermiejam New Member

It was ok i didnt see much of it (i was watching american dreams season finale at the same time) i like the end though
  9. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

Here are two more:

http://www.angelfire.com/ab2/ablpph/85thpage.html

http://www.angelfire.com/ab2/ablpph/newpage29.html
  10. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

I don't know if this was mentioned already but has anybody else realized that, in the retrospective at the end, that the TV on which the clips were being shown was labeled "CTW?" And they only did it up to 1997. :confused:
  11. GonzoPimp

GonzoPimp New Member

yes yes they are. its shocking I know, but remember it doesn't take much intellegence to make a kid (insert A into B).

also, that was a bit rude.
  12. dbarrie

dbarrie New Member

That's because CTW changed its name (around 2000) to Sesame Workshop.

OI MuppetFan

13. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Well, duh (and it took me a while to get used to that). Still don't explain the 1997 thing. Eh.
  14. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

The clips were shown on a TV set that was appropriate for each particular time era. I thought that was neat. From 1969-1977, they had one of those old-fashioned console TVs that sat on the floor. And from 1977-84, they had one of those sets with the 2 chrome knobs. Then from 1984-89, they had a silver set with push-buttons and an LCD display, which read "13", probably because that's the channel that Sesame Street is on in NYC, and many other parts of the country. Then from 1990-96, they had a 90s-style TV set with buttons on the side, and the outside of it was black. Then from 1997 on, they had one of those really modern silver TVs with 2 speakers on the side, and a flat-panel.
  15. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Hmm, I guess that makes sense. Didn't really notice the TV changes; I'll have to watch it again.
  16. Emerald

Emerald New Member

I can't stand him either. He was okay in the begining, when he was a less, um, Napoleon-like character (taking over Sesame Street and all). But the more I see him now, the more I can't stand that fur ball.

Sorry to those who do like him. Like I said, I was okay with Elmo once. I can see he had good qualities. Until he swallowed the show whole. :attitude:
  17. Emerald

Emerald New Member

I agree. When I first read Sesame Street Unpaved, I truly realized just how many high-quality skits I had not seen in a very long time. Forgetful Jones. The blue guy at the restaurant. The king of eight. Pinball. Teeny Little Super Guy. Those were the days.

Oddly enough, though, my brother was a child of the 90's, and he disliked Elmo more than I did. Of course, his child-of-the-80's-sister may have had some influence in showing him Muppet Show reruns from a very early age, thus raising his level of expectations; but all in all, the boy realized that Elmo's character gets old quickly. And he was only 3 or so at the time.
  18. I think it was rather nice to dedicate the special in memory of Michael Jeter. Did anybody notice that the screen said this at the end of the show?
  19. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Yes.It was there at the end.
  20. Muppet Crypts

Muppet Crypts New Member

i loved the " Brumpepeumph guy" at the end :crazy: :grouchy:

diidyy didy brupmp dididididtddtdddiibreudmdbbdiouidguetgdnhjyukshtnd bdriunddndkhwkjdljwhjkhdjwhjshdjkshjkhsjkdhsa