1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: The Street We Live On

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Apr 4, 2004.

?

What did you think of "The Street We Live On" special?

Poll closed Jul 3, 2004.
  1. I thought it was good

38 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. I was very disappointed

52 vote(s)
    57.8%

1. reevefan

reevefan New Member

I gave up on the current SS a long time ago..

After Sony wonder butchered the Christmas LP from 1975 and dubbed in Muppet voices, I stopped watching Sesame Street entirely. I even sold off most of my Elmo toys and put all my other SS stuff in perminent storage. I did catch the end sequence one day and noticed that Jim's name was removed from the credits! :eek:

After that, I thought NO MORE!

I did get a response that "you have to stay current" and all that BS. Leave the original recordings alone... make your own albums and don't butcher the originals...

I even sold off my Bob McGrath stuff when his wife wrote and told me that she did all the letter writing for him.

Sesame Street died when Jim died....
    galagr likes this.
  2. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

That was good. I liked the part with Oscar, but maybe you could have put in an explanation of why Gordon changed. After all, he was played by a different actor in the first season. Other than that, I enjoyed reading it.
  3. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

i saw it not to long on seseme street i hated the fact it was almsont competely a logn elmos world and they only barily touched on the past i did liek seeing the song of 10 bit though i forgot about that but it allc ame back to me witht he 10 chocolate layer cakes lol too funny but i wish they would touched more on mr hooper and each of the caracters more made it longer then they did
  4. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

The perfect explanation for why Gordon changed would be that he was hanging around the Amazing Mumford who kept doing his magic on him.
  5. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

How much does it cost to produce an episode of Sesame Street?
  6. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Now that's a really good question! Does Ssetta know? :concern: :p :smirk:
  7. DTF

DTF Member

That would have been perfect for inclusion, yes. And have them go to Mr. Hooper's several times. I wonder if they could have gotten some of the characters to interact with them? I always loved the "banana in my ear" sketch, & Ernie could have given them the banana after they showed that sketch for the B&E fans.
  8. I didn't really like this special much, of coarse by the looks of it, I knew I wouldn't be expecting much. :(
  9. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I think they had to do this because since they were shooting in bluescreen, The Count's cape had to be changed in order to be visible in the bluescreen.

I know that The Count's cape was also purple in episode 4109 (Abby Cadabby's Debut ep.), Elmo's World: Friends, the playlist intros at the Sesamstreet.org website, and in the promo photo for "Five By", a parody of Train's "Drive By" starring Train themselves, along with Elmo and The Count.
  10. sonicruler100

sonicruler100 Member

I remember watching this the day it aired, I was around 7 or 8, I know, I'm young. But, I'm not young enough to not remember any old SST. (Currently 17, 18 in March)

I grew up with 1997-2007 SST, I'd occasionally watch it here and there after '07 also grew up with 123 Sesame Street on Noggin (1993-1994 episodes), I had tons of the Sesame Songs and My Sesame Street Home Video VHS tapes, so I was exposed to plenty of Classic SST.

I watched the 25th anniversary numerous times, I've seen the 20th a few times. I loved Elmopalooza to death cause I grew up with Elmo, so ultimately he was my favorite character. What was great about Elmopalooza was that it wasn't so much Elmo. He was here and there. There was plenty of other characters which made it enjoyable, the colorful cast of muppets is what I really love about SST, which was current SST seems to lack, it's Elmo and Abby centered, I can't stand Abby honestly, which is one of the reasons why I won't watch current SST, but I digress.

Back to the 35th special, I never liked Elmo's World, no matter how big of an Elmo fan I was. EW drags on, I got un-involved. I really appreciated the classic clips and the timeline, cause I never knew the Sesame of 1969-1992, so that got me really interested. I knew it was a special, so I knew the EW format wasn't right. I can't remember much of what I saw, but I do remember that I didn't enjoy it. Maybe I expected something like the 25th, but who knows, I can't remember.

People say SST is aimed at 3-5 yrs, and maybe a 7 year old could've enjoyed it, in my case at least. Classic SST is also aimed for most of you, the people who grew up with it. But personally, Classic > Modern. I'm happy to have access to the Old School sets, classic clips online, the 40 Years DVD set, the Spoofs set, the episodes on iTunes, the re-releases of classic SST VHS tapes onto DVD. Classic SST really catches my attention, has many of my favorites, Herry, Sherlock, Honkers, Dingers, Snuffy, Mumford, YipYips, Kermit, AM Monsters/minor monster characters. All of these characters of many colors, voices, personality and whatnot all blended together just makes for an awesome experience, as of now, Elmo and Abby make for a mediocre experience.

Even though I grew up with "dumbed down" SST, I'm in love the classics, absolutely in love, haha.

I got TOTALLY sidetracked, but eh, I don't remember much of the 35th special. I was upset that they didn't go into more detail about Mr. Hooper cause I really wanted to know who he was at the time. Maybe I'll give it another watch to form a better opinion, maybe I'll watch it now...