1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: The Street We Live On

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Apr 4, 2004.

?

What did you think of "The Street We Live On" special?

Poll closed Jul 3, 2004.
I thought it was good 38 vote(s) 42.2%
I was very disappointed 52 vote(s) 57.8%

1. reevefan New Member

I gave up on the current SS a long time ago..

After Sony wonder butchered the Christmas LP from 1975 and dubbed in Muppet voices, I stopped watching Sesame Street entirely. I even sold off most of my Elmo toys and put all my other SS stuff in perminent storage. I did catch the end sequence one day and noticed that Jim's name was removed from the credits! :eek:

After that, I thought NO MORE!

I did get a response that "you have to stay current" and all that BS. Leave the original recordings alone... make your own albums and don't butcher the originals...

I even sold off my Bob McGrath stuff when his wife wrote and told me that she did all the letter writing for him.

Sesame Street died when Jim died....
    galagr likes this.
  2. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

That was good. I liked the part with Oscar, but maybe you could have put in an explanation of why Gordon changed. After all, he was played by a different actor in the first season. Other than that, I enjoyed reading it.
  3. maxdrive New Member

i saw it not to long on seseme street i hated the fact it was almsont competely a logn elmos world and they only barily touched on the past i did liek seeing the song of 10 bit though i forgot about that but it allc ame back to me witht he 10 chocolate layer cakes lol too funny but i wish they would touched more on mr hooper and each of the caracters more made it longer then they did
  4. GeeBee New Member

The perfect explanation for why Gordon changed would be that he was hanging around the Amazing Mumford who kept doing his magic on him.
  5. muppet maniac Well-Known Member

How much does it cost to produce an episode of Sesame Street?
  6. Dantecat Active Member

Now that's a really good question! Does Ssetta know? :concern: :p :smirk:
  7. DTF Member

That would have been perfect for inclusion, yes. And have them go to Mr. Hooper's several times. I wonder if they could have gotten some of the characters to interact with them? I always loved the "banana in my ear" sketch, & Ernie could have given them the banana after they showed that sketch for the B&E fans.
  8. I didn't really like this special much, of coarse by the looks of it, I knew I wouldn't be expecting much. :(
  9. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I think they had to do this because since they were shooting in bluescreen, The Count's cape had to be changed in order to be visible in the bluescreen.

I know that The Count's cape was also purple in episode 4109 (Abby Cadabby's Debut ep.), Elmo's World: Friends, the playlist intros at the Sesamstreet.org website, and in the promo photo for "Five By", a parody of Train's "Drive By" starring Train themselves, along with Elmo and The Count.