Your Thoughts: The Muppets' Wizard of Oz

What did you think of The Muppets' Wizard of Oz?

• Oz was great

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Oz was good

Votes: 92 37.1%
  • Oz was disappointing

Votes: 64 25.8%
  • Oz was awful

Votes: 35 14.1%

• Total voters

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
OK, here is my take. No, obviously it was not ideal and the stuff from the 80's kicked its butt. I think it did have a lot of potential though and the writing killed it. They tried to fit way too much plot into too short a time and there was no time for joke.

Ashanti is also the worst actress I have ever seen.

But that said, I thought it was leagues better than some stuff they'd done lately and a lot of things in it were very exciting. Loved the Frank Oz joke. Loved seeing Scooter back and hardcore absolutely loved seeing the return of Miss Piggy in a REAL role. For a while she's become a one joke character and she is glorious and it was so much fun to see her in all those roles. She actually stole the show from Pepe for a change!!

I think we can all agree that the muppets do better when they are playing themselves rather than doing a remake of something else, but I really think. for all its flaws, it was a good indication that good stuff is to come.

I also loved the Twister alert level.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Oh, I should add that I had a very heated discussion of this film with my cousins (5 and 7). They thought it was a fantastic film but they didn't understand why halfway through the movie they switched actresses from Ashanti to Raven.

No amount of convincing would get them to believe me that Raven was not in the movie at all. . .

piggyinmanhatte

Reaction score
Muppetfreak said:
Ashanti is also the worst actress I have ever seen.

But that said, I thought it was leagues better than some stuff they'd done lately and a lot of things in it were very exciting. Loved the Frank Oz joke. Loved seeing Scooter back and hardcore absolutely loved seeing the return of Miss Piggy in a REAL role. For a while she's become a one joke character and she is glorious and it was so much fun to see her in all those roles. She actually stole the show from Pepe for a change!!
QUOTE]
completely agree...and i might i add, your icon rocks. :-D

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Muppets Wizard of OZ

Well gang those of you who know me know that in other forums I sort of bad listed this film before I even saw the trailer. I am a huge Wizard of OZ fan; I have collected OZ, and studied OZ, and Read OZ for the last 10 years. I was dead sure that this Muppet Version was going to fall short, but I listened to the positive things folks had to say, and I decided to give the film a shot.

I watched from start to finish, in fact I sat on the floor in front of the TV with a big bow of popcorn like a little kid and only left the room to go to the bathroom on the commercials. IT was Great, not fantastic, not as good as say may be MTI, or MCC, but it was truly a lot of fun to watch.

Oddly enough Muppets Oz fallows the book really fairly closely, with a lot of Muppet twists and turns along the way. I laughed out loud more than once, the morality and the message was really good. This was not a story about becoming superstar and monetary gain, this was a story about believing in yourself, and find out that home is in the heart.

Sam's voice was great; Scooter was really close, so close that I would say he has grown younger. Fozzie was great, I really felt for him, and he was not played out to be as dumb as he was in IVMMC. Kermit was really good as the scarecrow, but I wish the Tin Thing would have been more like the tin man and less like a robot...but it was still very good.

Over all I cannot wait for the DVD, Muppet Show Season one and Muppets Wizard of Oz on the same day......I think that the Muppets will only be getting better from here, I am very happy. As one who had been very critical of the Muppets in the past, I am relieved to see that they are being handled with care, and that they are being true to them selves.

I hope we see more new Muppet stuff!!!
:smile: :rolleyes:

Beauregard

Reaction score
-Booo! Sorry, frightened some more.

Well, as soon as I get the DVD I'll be all over the place discussing it. But we need a UK release date first...

BEau

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Alright, The Good Doctor, since you're looking for conversation. :wink: ...

I agree with you! :O How's that? Not much of a conversation starter, that. But anyhoo, I enjoyed it too! I thought it was great, and fun. I could find no major qualms about it, and I'm looking forward to see what else they are going to do.

HPDJ

Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet...still haven't seen it...hello???