1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I'm sure they are. They're probably just keeping it under wraps.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Or they totally threw out the one they outlined and their back at page 1. :o
  3. Mo Frackle

Sure, that's possible. But I'm pretty optimistic about it.
  4. Pinkflower7783

Oh I am too but also preparing for the worst as well. :p
  5. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

Before "The Muppets" came out, I was doubtful that we'd get our familiar muppets back, but the emotive content of the last movie was dead-on, and I'm going to trust them to do what is right. I loved seeing Kermit finally-FINALLY-reach down and say some of the things in his buttoned-up little amphibian heart, but I am looking forward to seeing Kermit back in his mildly snarky and sortof control-freaky "I am the boss" mode. (Or maybe I just want to see how that goes with Miss Piggy back where she belongs....)
    LouisTheOtter likes this.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Y'know, now, with the news today, Jerry's voice in that movie just means so much more to me now. I am really, really appreciative that they found a way that Jerry's magic could be in the movie.
  7. catherine

catherine Active Member

aww i have just read your comment hubert and that's really a nice way of putting it.
  8. muppet kid 98

muppet kid 98 New Member

I loved, loved, loved, loved this movie!! I thought it was very true to the original films, and Jim wouldv'e been very proud. I loved the songs! Life's a happy song was very catchy, I literally had the lyrics memorized after listening to the song just once. Pictures in my head was a bittersweet little song that got really rocking at the end. Me Party did not belong in a muppet movie. Lets talk about me wasn't that great either, but it does work in the movie if it wasn't edited. Man or Muppet was also very sweet, and it got huge laughs in the theater. Plus, it got the first Muppet oscar ever!! The barbershop quartet version of Nirvana was hilarious, and very Muppet show ish. How do you even come up with that? It was just awesome. I really enjoyed the first act of the film, and thought Walter was the huge muppet freak that we all are. Im enjoyed the first 20 minutes so much, I almost forgot all about Kermit and all them. Once Pictures in my head started, I didnt want Gary, Mary and Walter's part to end, but once all the muppets were together in the car, I realized that this is what I came here to see. Some good old fashoined muppet fun. Then I forgot about Gary and them, lol. So all in all, this was a great muppet movie. Clever jokes, catchy showtunes, and a whole bunch of heart is what this movie comes down too. It's the best muppet project since the 90's. Plus, old characters like Scooter, Floyd, random monsters, and characters from the muppet show got their first big roles in years. my only complaint is that I wish Gonzo, Rowlf, Janice, Zoot and Sam got more screentime. So this movie is an 8.5/10, a 9 if some deleted scenes were put back in.
    DrDientes and LouisTheOtter like this.
  9. Pinkflower7783

I can tell you one thing I didn't forget about the muppets watching the film all I wanted was to see the muppets and couldn't wait for Gary and Mary to just go to the background. Lol.
  10. catherine

catherine Active Member

I know what you mean.
  11. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Active Member

I've been saying this for years. That rationale doesn't make a lick of sense. Jim performed Kermit for 35 years and STILL had the time to perform Dr. Teeth, Rowlf, Waldorf, and the Swedish Chef in almost every Muppet production while also playing Ernie at the same time on Sesame Street. I refuse to believe that just because Steve performs Kermit he doesn't have time for his other characters. If anything, it's probably more along the lines of the WRITERS of current productions CHOOSING not to include characters like Rizzo or Bean.
  12. Mo Frackle

The writers for "The Muppets" did choose not to include characters like Rizzo and Bean, simply because they wanted the focus to be on TMS characters. And there's the fact that Kermit is in more demand than some of Steve's other characters. When was the last time we saw Rizzo on a talk show? When did we ever see Bean on a talk show? For that matter, where has Bean been for the last seven years? They'll probably be included in the next one. So I do agree that the lack of other Steve characters is due to the demand of Kermit (and I suppose Beaker and Statler). I kind of wish the writers had done a better job with integrating Rizzo into LTS. All of his lines could have easily been given to Pepe.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  13. Pinkflower7783

Okaaaaaay you could always take it up with Steve or Disney about it? I was just making a statement that he made.
  14. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

I remember hearing an actor in an hour-long television series talk about this same sort of thing. It was a fantasy in which some characters inhabited one world, and some inhabited another, and a very few crossed back and forth. He was one of the main characters and one who crossed back and forth between the two worlds. One day, one of the producers (or directors--can't remember!) came over and said, in a nice-ish sort of way, "Hey, I noticed you've been a little slow to some of your scenes lately. We're trying to watch the production budget...blah, blah, blah." And the actor stared at him in amazement and said, a little angrily, "Well, yes, but that's because I'm IN every scene every week! And I'm just trying to make sure that I'm ready for my next scene because my head's still in the last scene we shot!" And the producer (or director--can't remember) was, well, stunned. "Really? You're in every shot?" And they looked at the scripts and he realized that the actor was pretty much on-screen the entire time. It was grueling schedule. So they started trying to find ways to build a little time into HIS schedule by shooting things that DIDN'T involve him in between all the things that DID. The point I'm making is that Kermit is on stage a lot! Whatever is happening usually centers in some way around him. The best example I can think of is in TGMC, when he was either on stage with Fozzie, or onstage with Piggy (I realize that Frank was doing double-duty also), but he was almost always on stage (Okay, okay--on camera. Sheesh. Picky, picky.) So I think the challenge would be to find scenes that involved Rizzo that didn't also involve Kermit (or some other Steve character). My first thought was to have had the rats happily squatting in Kermit's office in The Muppets, but of course Steve does Statler now, so that would have been somewhat challenging. (Steve and Dave are just wonderful cronies as Statler and Waldorf--a good pairing between those two fine muppeteers.)
    I LOVE Rizzo, and most of us feel like Rizzo is one of the original The Muppet Show characters because the little guy has just gnawed his way into our hearts, and because he was a new character that came to us in one of the movies and stayed (unlike the frogs from marketing, who just went back to wherever they came from, mostly). And his easy friendship with Gonzo sort of cemeted that deal, officially branding him as one of OURS. (Another great Steve/Dave buddy pairing.) So Rizzo feels like home folk--and has earned that right--and I DO miss him a lot when he's not around, but I do understand. I am guessing, but I'll bet if you asked STEVE if he would like a sit-down for a few, or to do some scenes with Rizzo instead, that he'd probably opt for hanging with our favorite rodent--but it's probably not always up to him.
    I'm enjoying Steve's Kermit more and more, but Rizzo can be a guest at my table any day he wants. Let's hope our favorite household pest gets more to do in the NEXT movie. (Yay for NEXT MOVIE!)
  15. Pinkflower7783

Well Kermit kinda has to be on stage alot Lol...anyways point is is Steve said he hopes to be able to perform Rizzo more in the future. I should note this statement was made a few months before the film came out. Like it was done in August of 2011 so they weren't really releasing a lot of details but when Rizzo was brought up that's when Steve said he doesn't get to do him a whole lot but that he misses performing him and always had a lot of fun with Rizzo.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  16. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Well, they're releasing a Muppet Star Wars Bean Bunny action figure, so he must be included at some point or another.
  17. Pinkflower7783

Included in what?
  18. Mo Frackle

In the Muppet family, I suppose, rather than fading into the storage room?
  19. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Oops. Yes, that is what I meant. I'm sure he'll be included in future productions.
  20. Pinkflower7783

LOL! I was gonna say I'm like did I miss something :confused: