Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
FAIRIES! FAIRY GOD PARENTS! Seriously, Crocker Needs to move to Sesame Street for that kind of vindication. I mean, Fairy Cookie Person... Fairy Dog person... Fairy Hair person... Fairy Shoe Person... I bet they never run out of toilet paper over there, though I shudder to think of that scene!
LOL. Yeah, and there have been fairy god-whoevers for so many characters. Not to mention Abby, the one who turns people into pumkins!:big_grin:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The Goods on the Cookie Touch:
-NIce plot! This is the most we've seen Cookie all season. I liked the Annie reference and how the Cookie Fairy had an entrance like the good witch in WOZ.
-Nice E&B Adventure. Was the rabbit/genie twitching her nose a reference to Samantha from Bewitched?

The Bads:
-After the plot, the rest of the show was pretty dull. The Word explanation was boring, reused stuff we've seen to death. And don't get me started on the tiger and Fruit songs!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Today's review.

Episode 4185: The Helpobots.
Airdate: November 5, 2008.
Season: Season 39.
Sponsors: Y, 17.
Word on the Street: Robot.
Street Story.
Film/Segment: A kid and a robot share their lunches.
Healthy Food Moment: Carrot Song.
Letter of the Day: The Alphabetabots (Telly, Rosita and Elmo) present the letter Y.
Segment: Kids say their Y's, yawn, yo-yo and yarn, and yes.
Murray Has a Little Lamb: Going to Drumming School.
Number of the Day: The Alphabetabots turn into Numberbots, presenting the number 17.
Segment: Ornate 17's going flying by.
Unknown Segment for the number 17, was this another instance of the mural puzzle like with 16, or was it the one where a bald head gets covered with 17 hats each increasing in size from the previous hat?
Muppets/Celebrity: The Forward/Backward Dance, not sure who the singer was.
Animation about going forward and backward.
Bert & Ernie's Great Adventures: World's Greatest Inventors creating the world's greatest robot.
Anyone notice they named their creation Frankie? *Evil mad scientist laugh.
Film: Doing the Robot Dance. Domo arrigato Mr. Robotto?
Elmo's World: Helping.
Ending: The bots present the sponsors.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The number 17 was 17 cut out French horns coming out of 17 cases and floating around in space.

But how many the heck episodes are we gonna get about the cast reading a story and acting it out or retelling it? We sure had a lot lately, including last year's Lucy the Lazy Lizard (which was reran at least twice during season 39 started). And what was up with the broken Spanish in the book? Did the cast of Mucha Lucha write it? :sing:

The robots were pretty cool, though. Especially the design of Rico in Muppet form. And I like how they continued the story into the letter/number of the day. And we got a lot of new stuff today. An odd little number by Miles too.

But the his y and her y was right... Y-y-yawn!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Muppets/Celebrity: The Forward/Backward Dance, not sure who the singer was.
That was no celebrity. That was Miles Robinson! It's good finally seeing him this season and boy can he sing the heck out of some forwards and backwards! I wonder what singing school Gordon and Susan took him to?

Anyway, really love today's episode! And loved the robot theme throughout the whole episode! Also thought the Help Elmo's world was very fitting with the whole Help-O-Bots theme!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That was Miles? He looked different. But maybe that's because we haven't seen him in a while. Actually, today's new ep was the first one I've seen in the past few weeks. Unfortunately, I didn't think there was anything too exciting in today's show. Though I did like Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures with the Frankenstein robot. I'm glad I finally got to see that segment.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The Goods about Rico la roboto:
-A cute plot. Not much like the typical story episodes where they act out the story, but rather Telly, Elmo and Rosita just act like the character.
-Like the E&B Adventure. I had a feeling it would show up in this episode
-Miles' song was okay

The Bads:
-Not to keen on the robot cartoon, as all they did was say "Thanks friend"
-"Her Y, His Y" Y did they make this?
-What was up with that crummy Robot Dance bit?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Bads:
-Not to keen on the robot cartoon, as all they did was say "Thanks friend"
All and all, I was expecting it to have microchips or oil or whatever the heck robots eat. Robots cannot consume food, after all. it shorts them out.

-What was up with that crummy Robot Dance bit?

I'm not really digging these new how to segments they've added in the middle of the last couple episodes myself. The cookie one was cute, but the robot dance and the sushi bit were... well, they looked like they came out of another show.

And I ain't happy about all this focus on Yoga. They're really aiming to Yuppify kids now.