Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There is something I wonder about for future sets. If future sets continue to focus on the same years, I wonder if the closing credits crawls will always be included as a bonus feature, and I wodner if the closing credits will also be included as bonus features if the sets have episodes that originally had closing credits.

Reaction score
I liked this set but........it could have been a whole lot better. No Beautiful Day Monster, no Fuzzyface Grover, only one skit with the early Cookie Monster.....:stick_out_tongue: . It was good but a huge disappointment at the same time. I think they could go back and release seasons sets!! Maybe just the first 15 to 20 Episodes per season. There was alot left out that was good. Oh well.....at least Elmo was nowhere to be seen so that's one good thing!:wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Wonder if that thought will still be prevalent when/should these five episode/season sets get to 1984-1989 when Elmo was part of the cast.

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hmmm... Wonder if that thought will still be prevalent when/should these five episode/season sets get to 1984-1989 when Elmo was part of the cast.

I think I'll pass on those sets when they come out!!:wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually, Elmo was not bad in the '80s. He was just another character. He wasn't my favorite, but he was likeable.

Anyway, there is so much else in the 84-89 years that's worth seeing! So I personally wouldn't pass on it. :smile:

ssetta

Reaction score
Some things I'd like to point out:

So far, I've watched Disc 1, and I noticed something in the classic cuts section. You know how at the end of "I Love Trash", Gordon said that Oscar won a trip to the garbage dump, and then looked right at the camera? I'm guessing that when that segment aired originally, they aired the film about garbage right after it.

Also, about "Alphabet Soup," I have no idea why they did this, but the version on there was actually the sweetened version from 1996 or so. They must not have been very careful. And about the closing credits. You noticed how there was a portion of the music missing in between the credits and the CTW notice? I'm guessing that during that time, they had the sponsors AFTER the credits.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Well, here's another set I won't be getting due to "being too old". Well, then, I guess it's high time I dump all my old toys I still enjoy into the trash and pull out a suit and go to work. [/sarcasm] :grouchy: :exasperated sigh: And I'm just a teen still..

MJTaylor

Reaction score
heralde said:
Actually, Elmo was not bad in the '80s. He was just another character. He wasn't my favorite, but he was likeable.

Anyway, there is so much else in the 84-89 years that's worth seeing! So I personally wouldn't pass on it. :smile:
I agree, Elmo was just anything Muppet in the Eighties and most of the Nineties. It was when they started having Elmo's World that he became a right royal pain in the rear end.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In some posts by Tim, it was mentioned that some characters, such as Ernie and Bert, actually have powder blue eyes instead of white as seen on TV, but as I watched this set, I saw a bit of blue in their eyes. Could they finally be showing up on screen thanks to the remastered pictures, or what?