Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years Hardcover Book

zns

Reaction score
I stopped off at Barnes & Noble yesterday to have another quick look at it for a second time. After that, I will not see it anymore until I get it for Christmas. I don't want to lose my anticipation for it. Luckily, all I've done is skim through it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Do I have to be the one to point out the hilarity that the 40th anniversary book's price IS $40? What are the odds? And that really is worth every penny and more... but still, the price reflecting the anniversary is just all kinds of funny to me.

I'm not able to get this yet... i was flipping through it at B&N, and I could barely get through the first half of the book skimming at a page per second. There is more 40th anniversary cheer in here than anywhere else, and it has just sooo much, I'm gonna wind up reading it to a shred (when I get it) like my Sesame Unpaved book.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I agree with everyone who has praised this book. As good as Sesame Street Unpaved was, this one leaves it for dead. I was intrested to read that Allison Bartlett, the actress who plays Gina, was one of those kids who used to shout at the TV when Snuffy was right behind the grownups.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I haven't posted here in a while but I must post my review of this AWESOME book! I just got it tonight and was overwhelmed and overjoyed at the shear size of the book! It's HUGE!

I've read pretty much everything up through Chapter Six and I love all the never-before-seen photos plus the stories of how the characters, new and old, got there. I'm also quite impressed that there is a photo of Michelle Obama's appearance on the street which airs today! AWESOME!

One of my favorite parts, though, was from page 83, the reference to my other favorite show "Bewitched" :smile: That really made me happy.

I don't know how some of you are waiting until Christmas! This book is so awesome!

zns

Reaction score
I don't know how some of you are waiting until Christmas! This book is so awesome!
I just try to remind myself that patience is a virtue. Like I said, I don't want to look through it again in any retail book shop until I see it underneath my tree this year. This is definitely the one thing that I want the most for Christmas I can tell you.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Noticed some differences in the original cover (as seen on Amazon.com) and the actual printing:

Different picture of Big Bird

Caroll Spinney replaced by Nitya Vidyasagar

Gina and Maria switched places - different photos

Telly removed

Lefty moved to make room for Bip Bippadotta

Guy Smiley replaced by David

Betty Lou added next to Elmo

Kevin Clash replaced by Murray Monster

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I found a few copies today. I didn't buy one, because I plan on putting this on my christmas list, but I did lok at it in the store.

I looked at the "Big Screen, Small Screen" pages, and just as I thought it talked about Follow That Bird. I didn't notice much talk about it, but at least it was more than in other offical books on Muppets/ Sesame Street/ Jim Henson, which usually only give the movie a brief mention in passing (if at all).

I looked in the index, and noticed that the index showed no results for Michael Earl or Leslie Mostly (maybe I should have checked to see if the index listed Shivers the Penguin or Baby Monster).

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I looked in the index, and noticed that the index showed no results for Michael Earl or Leslie Mostly (maybe I should have checked to see if the index listed Shivers the Penguin or Baby Monster).
Michael Earl is in the book. Not much, but he is there. I'm surprised he's not in the index