Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years Hardcover Book

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
I just got my copy delivered from Amazon.com.

Wow. It took me 2 hours just to go through every page and just look at the photographs. No reading. Just photos.

It'll take me days to pore over every sentence, cuz there's so much detail!

But so many questions have been answered, such as:

1) What does the area behind Oscar's trash can look like (where Carroll Spinney operates?) There's a picture of that.
2) What did Carroll Spinney back in 1969 during the early days of the show? (There are multiple pics of that)
3) What does it look like to dismantle and put the set back together again? (There are pics on THAT!)
4) What did Fran Brill look like back in the early 1970's performing with Jim and Frank? And what did Jim and Frank look like? (There are pics of THAT!)
5) And all the different Sesame Street studio sets, from the one on Broadway, to the Reeves studio, to the Kaufman-Astoria one....They're all there.

My goodness. There's no way to top this book. It's so comprehensive, it's amazing!

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
I am really looking forward to getting this book for Christmas! It seems like its has everything I and everyone else has been looking for for years! It also comes with a DVD which is cool!

I know once I or any of us get it will be one of those book that you look at a page and it makes you think of a memory and you then you have to go that page that has that memory on it and before you know it you are lost inside the book and time goes and you don't know it! :big_grin:

Good thing I have a Month off for Christmas Break! :big_grin:

Andibcool

Reaction score
I just did order mine using the muppetcentral link.
Cant wait to have it.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Must get BOOK, I mean if it's like the reviewer stated then it going to give us a more in-depth look on the show than ever before. :wisdom:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I can't get over this book... Oh my GOSH. Talk about absolutely stunning. This is the greatest thing that has come out of the 40th Anniversary (unless the DVD set just absolutely blows my mind, but that's going to be tough after this book). It is a MUST buy for all Sesame fans. It's incredible, in-depth, and gorgeous! Five out of five!

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
That was a great review and I can not wait to get this book and look through every page again and again! It sounds like an amazing read for the fans that have been wanting something like this for years! Thanks for this review and I can't wait to look at it and review it myself! :smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I went over to my local Barnes & Noble this last weekend and spent like 4 hours poring over this book! That was awesome! Tons of great pictures and information in there- it was particularly great seeing the entry on Jim Henson and seeing all those great pictures of Jim and Kermit.:smile:
Of course, I'd still love to see an actual episode guide included for Sesame Street (which of course would be a book in itself.):big_grin:

zns

Reaction score
"Unpaved" certainly cannot compete with something like this. Of course, I plan to keep my copy of "Unpaved for as long as I live, since I have signatures in it signed by Caroll Spinney, Martin P. Robinson, and Leslie Carrara-Rudolph.

boostboy

Reaction score
I bought this book saturday night and everytime I go to look at it I can't quit looking. It is an awesome book! I wish they can make book awards, this book definately deserves an award! I cannot wait to get my hands on the dvd. I hope I don't have to order it because I don't have a credit card. I hope I can just go to the store and go pick it up. Will you please send me a list of where I can go pick it up.
Thank you,
boostboy