Your Thoughts: Muppets on Disney's Christmas Parade

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
I will tell you guys and gal know, that I am a huge Disney fan as well as a big Muppet. Since the very first Walt Disney World Christmas Parade aired, I have seen it. Unfourtanly this year, forget that it was on. Just remeber half way through the show. So I missed the Oz commerial, Gonoz, and some of Piggy & Kermit. I saw Kermit & Piggy later on during the end.

I was very impressed by Disney's handling of the Muppet. Hopefully Kermit and Piggy will return next year for the Parade as well as the Easter Parade with Bean Bunny hopefully.

beforemyway

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
Yep. Only Kemit, Piggy, and Gonzowere in the parade, and Gonzo only had a short clip. I wish they had a few more characters. A Statler and Waldof clip is always good, though those characters seem forced these days.
they were in a PARADE?!?! wow.. I totally feel bad for the puppeteers :stick_out_tongue: have you ever tried to work a puppet for long spirts of time?? trust me.. it's easy to grow dry after a while :stick_out_tongue: Also take into note that, anything done live, you never know what's going on in the puppeteers life right then, what problems they might be having, what's on their minds.. all of that can effect their puppet skills :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Kermit and Piggy were 'hosting' out of DL, while Gonzo was the 'Roving Reporter'

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
They were in the commercial! not the parade!:smile: :wink:
I see. I thought if they were in the commercial, they would show up in the parade. I guess I was wrong.

hoppersfroglegs

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I enjoyed all of it. It was neat seeing the WOO preview. Can't wait for it now. This is going to be one of the coolest made for TV movie of next year. Love seeing Scooter and Sweetums in the preview too. Hope Sweetums talks in this one and hope to see the EMB do some stuff and have talking parts to.
The movie looks fantastic! I can't wait! I think more than anything else, I was most excited to see Scooter. He's not quite the same without Richard Hunt, but neither is Kermit the same without Jim or Piggy without Frank. I hope he speaks this time. He looked like some sort of bellhop, which is perfect for his character.

I really have a good feeling about this movie. With Piggy playing all four witches and all the other great stuff int he commercial, I'm thinking that, even with a human Dorothy played by Ashanti of all people (blech), the focus might actually still be The Muppets this time, rather than have them be supporting players in their remakes of classics. I had been hoping, when I first heard of the project that Piggy would play Dorothy, like she did in the Muppets movie tribute/parody special, but all 4 witches might just make up for that. :wink:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I LOVED IT!!! thats all i can say :big_grin: I taped the hole thing and the Oz clip, i bet ya i watched this tape MORE then 4 times! :smile:

pennyring

Reaction score
beforemyway said:
they were in a PARADE?!?! wow.. I totally feel bad for the puppeteers :stick_out_tongue: have you ever tried to work a puppet for long spirts of time?? trust me.. it's easy to grow dry after a while :stick_out_tongue: Also take into note that, anything done live, you never know what's going on in the puppeteers life right then, what problems they might be having, what's on their minds.. all of that can effect their puppet skills :smile:
The parade was taped over many different days in November and December. The part with the Muppets was taped November 22nd at Disneyland. They weren't really "in" the parade per se. They were commentators/announcers, like Regis and Kelly. Everything on tv was scripted, and they did several takes of each section. In between takes Kermit, Piggy and Gonzo were playing around, goofing off, having fun, but everything you saw on tv was in the script.

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can download the Teaser for "The Muppet's Wonderful Wizard Of Oz"? I have seen the screen caps over at toughpigs.com and now I'm even more anxious to see it. :excited:

ColonelErnie

Reaction score
Dave Goelz

Did anyone else notice Dave Goelz in the screen cap of Queen Latifah over at ToughPigs.com?