Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
*holds Yorick in open palm* Ah, to wed or not to wed?

That is the question..... the question that is driving MC nuts that is!

Personally, I was pretty perplexed when I heard about the wedding. I knew from the beginning that it would never work out and a part of me wishes that they had come up with a different scenerio to mess around with.

Anyone who knows me is aware that Miss Piggy mainly gets on my nerves, but I have to admit that I like the direction that their relationship is going. Kermit's not beating round the bush about it anymore and when they argue there's always a bit of humour behind it. Face it, arguments are their main form of affection. Although, a few more on-camera kisses never hurt :smile:

As for a wedding, there's no way they can pull that off again without making Kermit look like a jerk. He dodged it on TMS, he ducked under it in TMTM, he's dipped around it in several interviews and now he's dived behind it in MMW. He can't dodge it again!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score

Like another member pointed out you do hear Kermit say he would marry Piggy in the movie when she's trying to figure out who's the real one.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You do know holding Yorick is detrimental to your own health, fright?

At least the wedding scene gave us an updated seating chart with some of the newer characters from MT and other Muppet productions.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Speaking of was anyone else freaked out when Constantine fainted and fell on the floor? I personally thought it jarred the magic a bit cause well he looked like a puppet. :stick_out_tongue:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I said this before, but what I really wanted was for Kermit to storm the wedding, demand Piggy dump Constantine THIS INSTANT (NOW, Piggy-right this MINUTE) and marry him on the spot. In my never to be humble opinion, that's the only way Kermit comes off looking romantic AND heroic and masterful. The "MY woman" bit was a good start. Also, his "She looks beautiful"as she walks into the wedding had some real emotional punch to it. She is wearing a wedding dress for another man. Remember, Kermit doesn't know whether Constantine loves Piggy or not. He has no idea why Constantine wants to marry her at that moment. As we saw later, although it took him a while, Constantine comes to appreciate Piggy for the wonderful woman that she is. Kermits well-known, we'll-documented streak of jealousy would have reared its head about then, don't you think?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I think it did when he called her his woman. I just find it funny Kermit won't commit but he doesn't want Piggy marrying anyone else either.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I forget, but did Constantine propose to Piggy at the end of the Madrid show or was there an actual show with a distinct act when the gang went to Dublin?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Know what no one has commented on? The Monsters U short.

Now, I loved MU, but felt that there was too much to put into a single 90 minute film. A series of shorts and TV specials really would help flesh out the new characters, and I'm glad we got this thing. It really feels like this should have been in the movie, but was cut for time. More like this, please.

I can't help but think if they at least marketed the movie as "free bonus Monsters U short" we would have had a bigger attendance number. At least there would be "Only here for Godzilla" types buying tickets.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, about Party Central, my friend loved that Mrs. Squibbles stole the show when she let loose doing the skateboard tricks at the end of the short.

BTW: Was talking to Gina over in her Oneshots thread in Fanfiction, and I kind of feel this movie had a Scooby plot. I mean, the ending... And the Lemur is... Dominick?! That's right, and I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling Muppets. That said, I still enjoyed this movie for wht it was, a Muppet-filled comedy that had a certain greater freedom than The Muppets, even if there's still material that could have been added which got cut.

Here's to the next Muppet film in 2017. :jim: