Your Thoughts: Kermit on Good Morning America

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As we've been discussing, Kermit is appearing on Good Morning America today promoting his wonderful new book, Before You Leap.

After you watch the appearance post here and let us know your thoughts.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Did no one watch it? I had class and couldn't find my blank tape to record it, but I was hoping to read about what happened.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Once again, darn my British ancestors for bringing me into this world outside of American tv broadcasting range!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Darn those tapes for not being long enough for recording the whole darn thing! I missed proubley the last whole half of the show. I did get to see him but whatever came next after whats her face said, "Someone is dreaming of a Green Christmas." and then having Kermit talk to some lady about how cute her son or grandson was. I sent the tape on SP not knowing that it would only record 2 hours of the show. When I asked my mother what time that GMA ended she said at 9 but it can't be if i didn't get the whole show. Boy I'm mad at myself. Hope someone can it get up on youtube or something.

Leyla

Reaction score
Ah, well, I caught it, and taped it yay! It was a nice appearance I thought, but then, I'm just happy to see him around.

So there were three segments with Kermit... he was at Times Square apparently, wearing an adorable little red scarf.

One of the host ladies, (I don't know her name, sorry) was sort of flirting with him a bit, wrapping him up in the scarf, scolding him about "that other blonde".. Cue an obbligatory Piggy joke about her not being able to get into town because of a ban on trans fat. They mentioned him "writing his memoirs", as, Kermit says, "all celebrities are required to do" and said that someone named Charlie Gibson would be very happy about Kermit being around. Big fan, apparently

Anyway, they all seemed very excited about Kermit being there, which was nice to see.

The next segment, Kermit's in front of a Christmas tree, singing "Have your self a Merry Little Christmas, very sweetly, though they cut him off pretty quickly, and speak over him. Then they start talking about "Before you Leap" still outside, surrounded by a crowd of people who cheer for him.
The interview guy mentions growing up with Kermit, and is obviously excited about meeting Kermit... it's really sort of cute. "this is a personal and professional high point." They talk about how he wrote it... Kermit's skills, or lack thereof, in typng. He mentioned how hard it was to keep the paper dry. The interviewer guy says it's got chapters on dating (cue 'Ooohs' from the crowd) and dieting. He asks Kermit about how he keeps fit, Kermit mentions good clean swamp living, playing leapfrog ("that's a Fozzie Bear joke"), eating right, avoiding pigs.

Interview asks if he dished about Miss Piggy, and Kermit says he tried to but Piggy and her lawyers read the book and put a stop to that... which, is actually true, if you've read the book. Then the interview asks permission to hug Kermit ("Of course!"). Cue "aww's" from the crowd and jealousy from me, but I digress. "It is a pleasure and an honour." When he sends the camera back to the studio he does a half decent Kermit impression. I was really rather fond of that guy. Nothing closetted about his muppet fandom.

And the third segment, at the very end of the show: The show off the book again. The host says it's really good, soudning both sincere and surprised, and that digresses into a conversation about them both being wholly owned subsidiaries of Disney. They wish each other happy Christmas and she wishes that he gets what he wants, but not worms. A group of kids sing a bit of jingle bells from a military post and Kermit dances around a bit. "Tell them Kermit is grooving." "I am!" He dances around a bit more with that arm circle thing people used to do. Kermit says something about Elmo that I have trouble making out, maybe, "I can do it better than Elmo," but I'm not sure.

And there you go...nothing new, but a fun appearance nonetheless.

Beauregard

Reaction score
New is Kermit saying he dances better than Elmo! That's so classic.

BEAR

Reaction score
What?! I didn't know he was supposed to be on GMA this morning! How did I miss this?! Oh well...atleast I can still catch him on Regis & Kelly tomorrow.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The one thing I can say. I love Kermit and all. It was a fun appearance, but somone please has to tell someone, be it Steve or someone else, to stop making Piggy comments. That's the only thing I don't like about the current appearances.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Well, shoot, I forgot what day it was and didn't realize that it was today until I saw that today, Oh well, it's alright I'll watch it tomorrow.

Daniel