Your Thoughts: Jim Henson's Musical World at Carnegie Hall

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hi MelissaY1, sadly, due to my own ingorane to ask what you and everyone else looked like, I did not meet anyone. I am sorry I didn't. I would post a picture of me with John T, but I need to embed it. Please tell me more about how was meeting Jerry and the other members.

As far as the afterparty goes, it was a HUGE misrepresentation in a three page e-mail I wrote to 10 staff members last night. While I was stuck in a room with parents and kids making decorative cookies, all of you womderful fans got to meet your heroes. That's right, not one of them showed up. It was not until 5:20 or so I said" oh crap, get to the back of the stage door" and I was thrilled to meet Roscoe for 6 -7 minutes of talking and Kevin for 30 seconds as he was in a hurry. That almost made up for it. I asked Roscoe about what was the feeling when shooting "xmas eve on sesame street" and said Jon Stone was a "pure genius" and went on about the shooting.

I would love to post the letter here, but i think this may not be the right palce for it, but in a nutshell, i asked them to do what is right and refund me $85 out of the $125 I paid ( since I said the ticket alone of the fantastic show was worth not $20, but $40). To my surprise, they are refunding me back the whole $125 and they want me to keep the gift bag!

They stated in my e-mail " We are all so sorry to learn of your disappointment that none of the artists attended the Family Party afterward. Although this may not alter your view, New York Pops Music Director Stephen Reineke did in fact attend.

We did invite many of the artists from Jim Henson’s Musical World to attend the post-concert Notables Family Party. Artists frequently attend post-concert Notables events and many of the artists from Saturday’s performances were confirmed as attending, so it was our belief that they would be at the party. Aside from Stephen Reineke, unfortunately none of the other artists decided to attend our event. It was certainly never our intention to mislead you, and we are very sorry that you felt let down.

I won't complain much because I did get to meet and take a picture with Frank Oz in Oct. ( a dream). But i won't stop until I meet Jerry and the rest of the original cast of SS ( Susan, Bob and Maria).
Oh, I wonder who the gentleman was who said hello to me then, thought it was you. Hmmm....I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't get what you paid for in regards to the after party. But I'm glad to hear they're doing the right thing and refunding you. I wondered about the party when I saw all the cast members coming out. Many of the puppeteers were going out to dinner afterwards as I overheard some of them discussing. Hey, if it makes you feel any better, you go ta picture with Frank Oz, and he turned me down for one in October!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Reading the reviews, I find it a shame that they didn't include Clifford, since Kevin Clash was obviously there to perform Elmo.

Cool that the Here Come the Muppets pre-show was screened. I recently learned that the behind-the-scenes footage of Jim performing Rowlf seen in The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson (and I think The World of Jim Henson) was for this. I'd wondered about what it was for, but given how Rowlf and Jim looked I assumed it was either for Rowlf's Rhapsodies or Sing/Dance/Do-Along (the background is a little similar). But seeing that a number of behind-the-scenes footage for The Muppets at Walt Disney World and Muppet Vision 3D was shot and shown in The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson and World of Jim Henson I guess it makes sense they'd shoot footage from the pre-show as well.

And until I read the reviews I had not noticed Rowlf's watch in that behind-the-scenes footage, but then I looked at the still image at Muppet Wiki and there it is.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I have a funny story about MelissaY1 from that day:

Her and I were talking and catching up. She had told me she had seen Jerry earlier. All of a sudden, she kicks my leg and yells, "Dave!" and points behind me just in time to see Jerry! I got to meet him and get a picture with him thanks to her! She apologized for kicking me, but I said, "Hey, if it's a chance to meet Jerry Nelson, you could have punched me in the back of my head for all I care!".
LOL, but you got a great picture and a bruised knee out of it. :smile: The funny part was, when Jerry caught on that I was the one that pointed him out to you. He laughed and he said "You're still here holding down the fort?" since we had been perched by the stage door since 11 AM (and we weren't going to the show until 3:30)...

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Okay, to sum up.... It was awesome. My kids loved it, I loved it. Hopefully we will see something like this again.

Kevin was working more than Elmo, he had Dr.Teeth.... Would have been cool if a fiery survived, that was missing, I hope Labryinth will be reconsidered next time. But over all Awesome show.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hey, one thing I forgot to ask people who went to the shows too: were they selling any kind of souvenirs in relation to the event? I was sitting outside by the stage door all day, we never really went in the main lobby before our performance, so was wondering if they had anything like that for sale?

ploobis

Reaction score
Hey, one thing I forgot to ask people who went to the shows too: were they selling any kind of souvenirs in relation to the event? I was sitting outside by the stage door all day, we never really went in the main lobby before our performance, so was wondering if they had anything like that for sale?
I don't remember seeing anything like that there, but we did get these flyers with Jim and the Muppets on it though.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I've heard it was not filmed because of some kind of union conflict, legal issues, etc. But a lot of people who snuck in filming have posted clips online already
Yes, I've watched two of the clips and they are great! I'm about to watch any others I can find.

capman

Reaction score
Hey MelissaY1,
Were you at the Museum of Moving Image to see Frank Oz on Oct 23rd? I was there as well. Where and what actaully happened that he denied you a picture?

I have to say when he walked in at 12:15, he was with a little posse (reps of the place, etc) and his wife. Only about 3 or 4 people, including me went up to him after the tour he took (with no security around him) and he was so pleasant to sign and talk briefly. I will say, if you tried to meet him outside with the craziess trying to get professional autographs on Yoda pcitures, then yes, he was cranky. I got my picture by asking a woman if she would take my camera and take a picture for me with Frank. She said "sure" and yelled "honey, can you turn and take a picture with this man"? Yeah, it was his new wife and I had no idea. He did not look happy in the picture. But he did smile afterwards.

They did not sell anything that I saw. The afterparty package did include an "Art of the Muppets" poster reproduction that was very cool.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hey MelissaY1,
Were you at the Museum of Moving Image to see Frank Oz on Oct 23rd? I was there as well. Where and what actaully happened that he denied you a picture?

I have to say when he walked in at 12:15, he was with a little posse (reps of the place, etc) and his wife. Only about 3 or 4 people, including me went up to him after the tour he took (with no security around him) and he was so pleasant to sign and talk briefly. I will say, if you tried to meet him outside with the craziess trying to get professional autographs on Yoda pcitures, then yes, he was cranky. I got my picture by asking a woman if she would take my camera and take a picture for me with Frank. She said "sure" and yelled "honey, can you turn and take a picture with this man"? Yeah, it was his new wife and I had no idea. He did not look happy in the picture. But he did smile afterwards.

They did not sell anything that I saw. The afterparty package did include an "Art of the Muppets" poster reproduction that was very cool.
I did see Frank at the Museum of Moving Image, it was an incredible event and don't get me wrong, I am VERY honored to have met Frank Oz finally, but you have to understand I had 2 or 3 previous missed opportunities to meet him, and it didn't happen until recently, so it was a little frustrating I still didn't get the photo. lol

But he was extremely nice about it. He was walking around the exhibit and my friend and I were hoping to get to say "Hello" to him, so I approached him at one point when he was close enough and introduced myself, told him how I had missed chances to meet him in the past, etc and then asked for a picture. He was VERY nice about it, and very apologetic. He seemed concerned about following the exhibit's "no photography" rule, and apologized several times, but was very nice about it. I said no problem, I just wanted to shake his hand, etc. I wasn't even going to get my DVD signed (which is my avatar on here) but my friend decided to later on get his Of Muppets and Men book signed, so while he was doing that I took out my Little Shop of Horrors DVD, and he said "I can't do too many of these, otherwise these guys are going to yell at me", referring to the museum folks he was walking around with. He asked who it should be made out to, and I said me, that I wasn't putting this on Ebay, this was for me, personally, and he mentioned how they're putting it out on Blu-Ray for next Halloween. So he was very kind with his time, he just felt awkward about taking the photo. (shrug)