Your Thoughts: It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
And what technicality was that? Come on - if Taco Bell dumped its talking chihuahua because as popular as it was, it wasn't selling tacos, then it only makes sense that LJS dumped the prawn puppet for much the same reason - and no way did Pepe ever come close to the chihuahua's appeal. It's the Bad Andy story all over again.
That's not what i heard...I don't know what's right so it's not that i don't belive you, i heard another story a long while back that was simmalir to why Speedy Gonzalous was pulled from the loony tunes...

but i don't think thats it though, i mean has anyone seen the Gyco car insurrance ads with the gecko spokes lizard? those are a hoot! but one has the taco bell dog in it, or at least the same voice, i know the dog was really a female dog. so i don't think the reason i heard is incorrect.

speaking of stuff like this, what was the deal with the Petsmart sock puppet dog? i heard of some kinda law suit or something like that a while ago that they couldn't use him anymore? i just saw an ad with him but i also think if was for a car insurrance ad rather then Petsmart! i don't understand! how why? i'm confused, can someone clear this up please?;-)

Zack)Rowlf the, at least the Afflack Duck is safe....for now...gasp!Dog.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
my favorite non-human endorser was the slice of pizza that used to be for pizza hut...i was around 7 at the time, and those were hilarious

not better than anything muppety though...

Sarah

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
my favorite non-human endorser was the slice of pizza that used to be for pizza hut...i was around 7 at the time, and those were hilarious
LOL! i remember him! he was a real slice of pizza! he was always getting smooshed or smashed, it was so funny!

Zack)Rowlf the, Hey, whatever happed to spot the red dot with sun glasses for 7UP soda?Dog.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Just FYI, that pizza slice was based on a clay figure called Mr. Bill that used to appear regularly on Saturday Night Live in the 70's. I'm guessing the same "animator" was responsible for both.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Just FYI, that pizza slice was based on a clay figure called Mr. Bill that used to appear regularly on Saturday Night Live in the 70's. I'm guessing the same "animator" was responsible for both.
this kept going threw my mind when i was typing my post, the pizza slice was always going "OH NO!" before getting smooshed just like Mr. Bill, yet alone sounding like him.