Your Thoughts: Farscape Peacekeeper Wars

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On September 6, 2002 word came that Farscape was canceled. The final episode aired on March 21, 2003 with the last scene ending on the heartbreaking words "to be continued". It seemed improbable, and many folks said it would never happen, but now, two years, one month and eleven days after news of the cancelation broke, Farscape is back.

Part 1 airs tonight (Sunday October 17) and part 2 airs tomorrow (Monday night October 18). The show starts at 9 pm eastern, 8 pm central both nights on the Sci Fi Channel. Sci Fi will be reairing encore performances each evening at 11 pm eastern, 10 pm central and 1 am eastern, 12 am central. If you missed part 1, it will also reair on Monday night before part 2 at 7 pm eastern, 6 pm central.

This mini-series is a big deal for the Jim Henson Company and every viewer counts. If Peacekeeper Wars does well, Henson hopes to make a Farscape feature film in theaters.

Whether you are a devoted Scaper or a newcomer, check out the show and let us know what you think. Then come back here and discuss all the details of the mini-series.

The Storyteller

Reaction score
I beleve they will make the movie. It just seems that even if the ratings are low, Henson will make the movie, they just have so much invested in it. They do have that deal with MGM to make 4-5 movies for MGM. So maybe they will use that deal to make the movie. I don't know, that's just my two cents.

In other news, Storyteller is back on Muppet Central. I've got a week off school, So I have plenty of time to get on Muppet Central. I've just been so busy latly.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The first part of this special was indeed rully groovy.

Good Points, or Funny ones at least.
1 During the battle to remove the Draggan harpoons from Moya.
Erin: "Are you all right?"
Crychton: "Fine, except for getting shot at by the Electric Mayhem."
Did he rully say that? Only the second classic Henson reference on the show after the clip from Cookie Monster Alphabet in the 1986 Homecoming episode.
2 The part at the Aidelon temple was rully funny. Especially with all the Wizard of Oz comparisons. And the throwback to that near the end of Part 1.
3 When Crychton and Emperor Scaren are inside the center of the wormhole well.
Crychton: "This is your universe. This is your universe on wormholes."

Bad Points, at least I thought it was bad and was moved to sadness when they thought that Ka'Dargo and Jianna were dead. Good to know they're not.

The other rully neat thing is the almost total cast reunion and remembering pieces from the series run. For example, remembering about the body armors and the episode where they went back to the Aidelon home planet. Seeing Jule, Jaffi, Stark, and Harvey were all treats for this Farscape fan.
Looking forward to tomorrow's second part and conclusion. Don't think it'll count cause I don't have a Nielsen ratings box hooked up to my TV, but I hope Henson does move forward with some sort of grander project for Farscape in the near future. Or was it the distant past? You never can tell with these wormholes.

alorindanya

Reaction score
I was completely satisfied. Everything was wonderful. It just continued exactly where it left off. Thank GOD Sci-fi chose do to the marathon for the weeks leading up to it, because you REALLY need to know the back story to get anything.

It was awesome! Can't wait for Part 2.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phillip, there's something about that schedule you should know. Stayed up late last night myself cause I was watching Yankees and Boston Red Sox ALCS Game 4, went past midnight, maybe past 1:00 PM. Anyway, here's what I think of what I saw during that probably third airing. Mind you, this would be around the time they're finishing the bottom of the 11th inning and going to the 12th. Changed it over to Farscape to try and keep up with the repeat airing, and there was this battle sequence and dialogue I didn't remember being from Part 1. Could've been that since it was so late they decided to just go ahead and switch over to show Part 2, since by that time it would technically be October 18. Anyway, hope this helps and have a good night.
Looking forward to Part 2 tonight.

DanGNpuppet

Reaction score
GOOD, but not GREAT.

Alright, so I thought the first part to the new Mini-series was awesome, But their were some problems. Obviousley the main problem is that they're trying to fit an entire season into the equivalent of 4 episodes.
IT WAS RUSHED.
Not to say that the production was rushed because everythings obviousley up to Farscape standards though some of the CG was weak.
But what I'm saying is the pace is not set at what Farscape used to be. It's like Farscape on speed, and it's not quite as much fun as it is tiring.
I doubt it would be good if you hadn't seen the provious seasons yet they still tried to sum up the last 4 seasons in the intro. The writing contradicted itself, and it fought between trying to catch the audience that was too lazy to watch it before and satisfy the audience that watched all four seasons.
It was just too much to fit in 2 episodes.
I wish Sci-Fi had given them more. But hey, at least they got it done.

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
I must say, I think that The PeaceKeeper Wars is excellent so far. . .no wait . . .there's no adjective that could describe how good it is. It's comparable to holding your breath, by that i mean - Commercial breaks in the miniseries give you a second to take a metaphorical breath while you say "Wow . . .what else could possible happen?!"
I was also very pleased to see the Jim Henson logo at the beginning!

towels

Reaction score
I thought it was real good, but I'll agree that it felt rushed.
The whole big blowing up John and Aryen thing that ended the series was pretty much thrown away with a "It was a mistake" line. It was cool seeing Rygel swim and all, but how they got to that point felt skipped.
Classic Farscape dialogue.
More, more, more. :zany: :smile: :flirt:

Movies205

Reaction score
Actually I only saw a couple of episodes of farscape and loved it, while they were on earth, and haven't seen anything since not even the final episode, and still tottally understood it except for Harvey which I recently learned about :smile: