Your Thoughts: Christmas at Muppet Central

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We're getting ready for the holiday season. Christmas will be arriving at Muppet Central the Friday after Thanksgiving. We'll be rolling out several features to make your Christmas merrier and more Muppety.

(1) Christmas Music – Beginning this Friday, we'll start our annual Muppet Christmas Music Marathon on Muppet Central Radio. More than 400 Christmas tunes can be heard non-stop through the holidays. See this thread for songs we're still searching for if you can help.

You can listen to Muppet Central Radio 24 hours a day via Radionomy (available on the web and through Radionomy Apps for computer, phone, streaming devices and more). If you'd like to listen directly in your media player, download and save this direct link. If you'd like to promote our Christmas music on social media, you can use this short url: bit.ly/muppetradio

(2) Christmas Menus - Our annual Muppet Christmas menus will begin arriving this Friday as well and will continue leading up to 2017. All of these animated menus are beautifully designed by James Carroll. The menus will be changing every few days and can be viewed from the Muppet Central home page.

(3) Christmas Presents - In order to make finding Muppety gifts easier, you can shop from the Muppets store or buy any item directly from Amazon.com. Check it out for lots of Muppety releases and specials. Find a Muppet gift for every frog, pig or bear on your list.

By purchasing any item from Amazon.com through Muppet Central and any item from eBay through Muppet Central, you greatly help us keep the site, radio and forum running every day and every month. By doing your Christmas shopping through Muppet Central you can help us have the resources to do even more next year. Thanks in advance to everyone for your help. We're excited about what's ahead for 2017, so please use MC links whenever you make on-line purchases to help us make future upgrades as soon as possible.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Something I've noticed listening on RadioNomi.... Let's say you have the current "Last Played Tracks" starting with "I Saw Three Ships" with :batty: and Ty Pennington. You keep listening for some while, about past a segment of commercials and into a second block of music and a song comes on that you don't recognize. Now if you're like me, you probably have a secondary browser window open to work on other internet stuff so you're not following the update of the list of songs played. And when that unrecognized song comes up you want to know what it is, but when you tab back over to the window with the list, it states "Delivering Christmas" as the "Last Played Track" which preceded the unrecognized song and stays stuck on "Delivering Christmas" even after you try refreshing the RadioNomi page.

Other than that, I'm loving the annual MCR Christmas music merrython. :jim:

Last edited:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And when that unrecognized song comes up you want to know what it is, but when you tab back over to the window with the list, it states "Delivering Christmas" as the "Last Played Track" which preceded the unrecognized song and stays stuck on "Delivering Christmas" even after you try refreshing the RadioNomi page.
Ed, try downloading this direct link to Muppet Central Radio (right click and "save file as" on your computer). You can open this directly in your media player without a browser. Many media players update the track info automatically. VLC Media Player is particularly much more reliable updating track info than Radionomy's on-line flash player. Hope it helps.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Phil, it seems to be behaving well now.
*Leaves 1 cookie for the forum's #1 administrator. :batty:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er, did something happen to the station overnight? Just asking because now I get a "Service unavailable" message when I use my bookmarked link. :frown:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Er, did something happen to the station overnight? Just asking because now I get a "Service unavailable" message when I use my bookmarked link. :frown:
Radionomy's site is currently down, so their flash player is not functioning. They are working on the issue and it will be fixed soon.

In the meantime, the stream is still playing fine elsewhere and is accessible with the direct link method posted yesterday. The stream also appears fine on Roku, Apple TV and other devices as well.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Radionomy's site and all flash players are now functioning as normal.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Listened to MC Radio last night. Loved the Christmas music, it was great. As are the new menus on Muppet Central's home page - very nice indeed! :smile:

gravy

Reaction score
Christmas at Muppet Central? Why can't it be Hannukah or Kwanzaa or all of the holidays at Muppet Central? :confused: