1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: A Special Sesame Street Christmas DVD and CD

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Phillip, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Phillip Administrator

"A Special Sesame Street Christmas" arrives on DVD and CD this Tuesday November 6. Read our review of the anticipated release. Check it out and let us know your thoughts.

Since many of us will be getting "A Special Sesame Street Christmas", we'd like to mention that if you order the DVD from Amazon using this link that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly and help make future upgrades possible. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD or CD. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through links on our site.

If you plan to buy "A Special Sesame Street Christmas", please like this post and share your thoughts below.
    SuperGzilla12 likes this.
  2. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

That was a good review. I had no idea this was going to have bonus features (even if the bonuses aren't much, considering they're also on the CD release).
  3. SuperGzilla12 Active Member

I preordered the DVD from a local DVD shop about a week ago. Sadly, though, it hasn't shipped yet, so it looks like I might be waiting a little longer for my copy.

Nevertheless, when I do get this thing, I'll post here again with my thoughts.
  4. SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Okay, it's just shipped - I should have it any day now... Oh boy? :p
  5. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but I haven't found any copies of this today. In fact I went through five stores (including two different Wal-Marts) before I could find Old School: Volume 3.
  6. SuperGzilla12 Active Member

I went to my local Wal-Mart today (to get Barney: Let's Go to the Doctor, which was released today - I also picked up the original Miracle on 34th Street on DVD for $5 and the Blu-Ray of the 1966 animated Grinch for $9) and while they didn't have any copies of A Special Sesame Street Christmas (No big shocker there), they had many copies of Old School Vol. 3.

They had a few copies of the new Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-Ray (the Blu-Ray/Digital Copy version) but they were pretty well tucked away.

I pre-ordered A Speical Sesame Street Christmas from Chapters, as I've stated above, and it should be at the store any day now for me to pick up. Umm... goodie? :o
  7. SuperGzilla12 Active Member

STORYTIME WITH SUPERGODZILLA12!

I would like to title this post A Tragic Sesame Street Christmas!

My copy of A Special Sesame Street Christmas arrived today, along with Barney's Christmas album Happy Holidays, Love Barney, at Chapters. I went to pick them up.

They sent me the version that comes with the soundtrack - A nice little surprise.

I take a look at the cover art on the DVD, and... good grief... You have no idea how absolutely cheap it looks! Seriously, compared to the actual product, the digital image is the most beautiful piece of art to ever grace the planet Earth. There are also three critic quotes on the back - I can't remember them all, but two of them came from DVD websites you've never ever heard of. One was simply a star rating; If I recall correctly, that was the only one that had an actual name attached to it.

I also notice that there is a fairly large tear in the back cover of the artwork, with the shrink wrap left fine.

So I get to the car, and open it up right away - Immediately, the horrible smell of cheap plastic and printer ink strikes my nostrils! Absolutely terrible! It smelt just like a cheap DVD of some crappy public domain movie that you can get at the dollar store.

Right when I get the shrink wrap off, the outer plastic (that holds the artwork) starts to peel off, around where the tear was. Then I open up the actual case, and while the DVD was fine, the CD had a HUGE crack in it that almost touched the centre of the disc!

I have concluded that the guardians of the universe do not want me to own this special, let alone make a video review of it for my Christmas special!

Thankfully, Chapters not only refunded me completely, but also ordered a complimentary copy for me! Now I don't have to tell people that I paid $25 for this tragic special.

I'm telling you, it's a darn good thing I got that Barney CD... :p

So anyway, I'm going to start work on the review using that taped-from-TV copy that was on YouTube for a while (I downloaded it while it was still up), and I'll start editing when I get the actual DVD. Hopefully, this doesn't happen again, because the idea I have for the review requires me to have the actual DVD.
  8. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

cant wait for ur review
  9. SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Thanks for the encouragment! :)

I'm aiming for a mid-December release, but I'm not sure if that'll be possible, seeing how they have to ship me a new DVD, which probably won't be in my hands for another two weeks. Still, it'll be up before Christmastime, and I'll post here with the video when it's ready.

I guess I'll be doing all of the writing with that YouTube copy. Here's hoping that nothing's different on the DVD version...
  10. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

That was a terrific story, I'm so deeply moved from having read that. :cry: It has made me a better person and confirms the fact that I do not want this DVD in my collection. This is Oprah's Book Club material.
  11. SuperGzilla12 Active Member

John, my mere existiance makes you a better person! :D
  12. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Um. This was a blessing in disguise for you.

Besides, the CD is just audio from the special itself, not the recordings or anything. You're just as well off ripping the songs from the DVD and converting them to mp3.
  13. SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Blessing? Yes. Blessing in disguise? No. Here's why:

• I'm getting this thing for free!
    • Now there's a chance now me owning Christmas Eve on Sesame Street on DVD before owning this! :)

I know - But if somebody's being difficult with me, I can just pull out my iPod and play "Yakkety-Yak". :p
  14. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Because that's the only way any person should get a copy of this special.
  15. SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Just in case anybody is interested, I'll be collecting cameos for my review of A Speical Sesame Street Christmas throughout these next two weeks. (Entries must be in for Friday, November 23rd)

Here's the information video:

16. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Way to do the same exact shtick I did with that part in my review. :p
  17. SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Yours wasn't open to everybody. That's the point of mine. (Basically, anybody who wants to be in the video can be)
  18. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Mine was, too. In fact, if you look around enough you'll find a thread here from last year where I asked people to contribute. But that's all irrelevant a year later, you can obviously make your video anyway you want, heck, I'm already thinking of things to say for your review.
  19. SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Ah sweet. Thanks for being so understanding.

This was basically my response to a bunch of people asking to cameo in videos. Basically, a Christmas present. I mean, hey, I already have a cameo. :D
  20. SuperGzilla12 Active Member

So, here's what happened:

Today, I did my Christmas shopping (ALL of it; You will never find me in a store in December - I care too much about my personal safety), and I walked on into Toys 'R' Us and, it happened... I finally bought Happy Holidays from Sesame Street!!!!

Thanks to my first copy of A Special Sesame Street Christmas coming to me broken (Read the story above if you don't know), I not only own Christmas Eve on Sesame Street before owning the OTHER 1978 Sesame Christmas special, but I also have Elmo Saves Christmas and a copy of Elmo's World: Happy Holidays that I will never touch. :)
    BobThePizzaBoy likes this.