Let's see... The first immigrant in the patrilineal line was James
His son was James
His nephew was James
His nephew was James
His son was James
His nephew was James
His son is James
His son is...me

And that's not counting my dad's nephew (by his sister), or his nephew.
Read the first chapter of Matthew, I think you may have quoted this! LOL!

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Read the first chapter of Matthew, I think you may have quoted this! LOL!
How do you know I didn't use the Lucan genealogy? (Just kidding) :smirk:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
My name is Ryan. I often get Brian. Lately, people have taken to calling me Scott because I replaced a Scott at work. However, the people at work who call me Scott are young kids so I give them a hard time, shred their self-confidence and demand they call me by my real name or they will be sentenced to a year with no snack. Just kidding. I do give them a hard time (in jest) and they realize the mistake and apologize profusely :wink: . I once worked in a retail store where apparently I looked like someone named Kevin, so that was my name for the short time I was there. I didn't even talk to those people. They got mad but what did I care? Kevin would be the one to catch that flack.

My last name is fun. It's Bowser and people can't seem to wrap their comprehensions around it. So I get Belser, Bowling, Bowers. People don't want to accept that they are speaking with someone who shares a name with Mario's arch nemesis or a dog.

christyb

Reaction score
Hey I like your last name. At least people can pronounce it. Mine just got cut off to the inital b/c no one could say it right. My last name FYI is Bondurant. Pronounced in one syllable kinda quickly but drawled out as a southerner would say it. (Now you see why I only get the B.) Alas, now I am lastnameless :smile:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Why thank you.

I have an interesting image in my head from looking at the word "lastnameless": Someone standing on a street corner with a sign that reads "Will work for name". I think I would give someone some change for that.

I'm weird.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
alexmongers said:
i remember at school teachers called me alexander.(and of course titters and giggling followed from my friends in my class) i hated it. years and years later...my girlfriend (whos french), her family call me alexandre! thats worse!
Everyone calls me alex. close friends and family shorten that to Al. thats fine.but never call me alec! old people call me alec and i hate it. :eek:
I totally feel your pain, man! (I'm an Alexandria myself) It's terrible, when people call me by my full name! Alexandre is an interesting name. I like Alex, and I like Andre, but I've never heard them combined.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I get called Dan by my friends and would much rather think of myself of a Dan than a Daniel but my dad wont actually allow anyone to call me Dan!! He's like "no, thats not the name i chose for you". Grr!

Whatever

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
I get called Dan by my friends and would much rather think of myself of a Dan than a Daniel but my dad wont actually allow anyone to call me Dan!! He's like "no, thats not the name i chose for you". Grr!
I feel your pain, my dad still calls me by my legal name rather than my nickname, but it's more like he never bothered to remember what I prefer to be called.

Katzi428

Reaction score
OK...I'm a tad bit late for this...

...but I'll post it anyway:
My name is Kathy (that's Kathy with a "K" ,not a "C" ) Many people have spelled my name wrong,but I deal with it .
My given name is Kathleen,but I don't get called that except by doctors or people who make business calls to me. (Plus my parents if they're mad.)
Kathy :smile:

muppetsforever

Reaction score
names

My name is Melissa. ( ma-LIS-sa) Not missy. not michelle, not mel.

Although i do get called "missa" sometimes but thats cuz melissa is hard to pronouce for a 2 y/o and i could never be mad at my lil' man. (My friends boy)

And why is it that a melissa gets called michelle, but a michelle hardly ever gets called melissa?!?! :mad:

btw, my mom got my name from a diaper comercial back in '78. the baby's name was melissa.