Your Gonzo Replica Pictures

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I'll let you know when he arrives on Monday, but It seems they all need changing so Im sure I will need them.

Chris

Lab Rat

Reaction score
Yeah he looks loads better with them changed it cheers his expression up quite a lot.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I'm interested in this stuff from Hobby Craft. I was there only a few days ago and couldn't find anything even close. I think I might go back and have another look.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I dont know if I have a hobby craft near by?
LabRat, can you tell me what the material is used for Gonzo's pupil, you did send me some for Animal but I think they may be a tad small for Gonzo. I cant wait to have my Gonzo looking sober, instead he looks like he has had a 5 day bender!

Lab Rat

Reaction score
the ones i have used on my gonzo are the same size as the ones i took off they are 12 ml the ones i sent you for Animal were 10ml i'm not sure of the real purpose of this stuff i think it's used to put under ornaments etc to stop them scratching surfaces i use it for all my puppets pupils it works great.
http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/gluvets/

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Lab Rat, you definitely have the pupil placement on Gonzo absolutely perfect. You have the nack of taking good photos too which helps greatly. I really need to look out for these sticky-backed flocked circles. Lab Rat, any idea where you bought them?

Lab Rat

Reaction score
i buy it in sheet form i cut the circles out using a hole punch if you need some pm me your address and i'll stick them in the post.

markit

Reaction score
Hi Lab Rat,
That's really kind of you to offer to send them out in the post, I may take you up on that if that's ok.
Is it at all possible to carefully remove the existing pupils, leaving them intact to re-place? I think I read somewhere on here that they fall apart if you try to peel them off?
And your pictures are fantastic, thanks again.

Regarding the sticky black velour roll from Hobbycraft, it's not quite the right material, it doesn't have the thicker texture that the actual pupils have but you'd have to be a pure perfectionist to notice, but I guess the fact that we're all talking about changing them shows there's quite a few perfectionists on here who want their Muppet posers to be just right, & who can blame us! :smile:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Hi Lab Rat,
That's really kind of you to offer to send them out in the post, I may take you up on that if that's ok.
Is it at all possible to carefully remove the existing pupils, leaving them intact to re-place? I think I read somewhere on here that they fall apart if you try to peel them off?
And your pictures are fantastic, thanks again.

Regarding the sticky black velour roll from Hobbycraft, it's not quite the right material, it doesn't have the thicker texture that the actual pupils have but you'd have to be a pure perfectionist to notice, but I guess the fact that we're all talking about changing them shows there's quite a few perfectionists on here who want their Muppet posers to be just right, & who can blame us! :smile:
They are easy to take off but you wont get them off in one go. They seem to have been painted in with a stencil. They other tweak Im gonna make is to his lip and get it painted pink.
Its a shame the eyes are not as easy to keep open as Animals, I cant see myself pinning these back.

Lab Rat

Reaction score
Yeah thats fine i'm happy to send pupils to anyone in the UK who needs them for Gonzo just send me your address.