Your Choices: Palisades Series 9

• Thread starter Philo and Gunge
  • Start date

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Been scratching my head trying to think of what character in S9 would come with an army-builder.

Rowlf with another dog? All the dogs on the show looked different, so buying multiple packs wouldn't help.

Robin with frogs? Perhaps, but I think it's too close to S7.

Boppity & Gloat two-pack? I don't think that really counts.

Swedish Chef with a chicken? Ken had said something a long time ago about wanting to do an exclusive Chef repaint with the 'chickie in de baskie' accessories. So, like Ken said, that would be an exclusive.

How would you get a nameless pig out into the mix? That'd be an army builder, but it would also be too large.

Army builder rat? Fine, but with who? Bo doesn't come with any rats, and he's the only one I could think of who would. Maybe an MTI character with rat tourists? Nah.

Nurse Piggy or Nurse Janice with a pack-in patient? What would be the point, except to get out another pack-in?

Then it hit me- something no one has mentioned, something that would include a tentpole character and an army builder. There have been groups of dogs, pigs, frogs, chickens, rats, monsters, creatures and- you know, there were rabbits, too. In the Doug Henning and Alan Arkin episode especially. Now a Jekyll-Hyde potion variant of a regular character would be too obscure even for most fans, but what about Magician Fozzie with magic hat, magic wand, Indian rope trick and a pack-in army builder little white rabbit? It makes sense, says I.

What does everyone else think of this wild guess?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think things have gotten kind of confused here. I don't remember an army builder listed for series nine. I remember a Sal buddy-pack listed for series 10 and Tux Gonzo will come with Bernice the Chicken sometime between series seven and nine. Maybe that's what you're thinking. I could be wrong about that, but just haven't caught this development yet. :confused:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Found it. Matleo posted it in this thread:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=9448&page=2

The information was accurate as of September 19, and it reads as follows:

Series 9 (designations: 9-17-03)
TMS
TMS
GMC
MTI
retail excusive MFS

*Note Series 9 has an army builder type pack-in
**one of these designations is misleading
***author’s note: We know that Ken wants to do Pops as a GMC figure. my guess is that fills at least one of our S9 slots.
***Target will have a new exclusive for S9& 10 (9-19-03)

Series 10 (designations 9-17-03)
TMS
TMS
TMS
MT
EXCL: TMS

*one of these designations is misleading.
*note Series 10 also has an army builder type pack-in.

Matleo, have you heard anything from Ken to contradict this info since then?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I see it's in Matleo's list, but I don't remember Ken ever saying that. I have found that many of these update lists are incorrect so I usually go straight for the source and army builder has only been used with Tux Gonzo and series 10 from what I remember.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I see it's in Matleo's list, but I don't remember Ken ever saying that. I have found that many of these update lists are incorrect so I usually go straight for the source and army builder has only been used with Tux Gonzo and series 10 from what I remember.

S9 MIGHT have a pack-in. Not sure yet though.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well there you go. Official word. Hope we get a pack-in for nine. :eek:

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Here's a thought...

Couldn't we have Lips with a penguin pack-in??? I mean, wasn't Lips in the orchestra before every episode??? And then there was a penguin orchestra??? It would please many fans at once I believe... Then we have plenty of Muppets with instruments...
Rowlf, Dr Teeth, Animal, Gonzo, Zoot, Floyd, Janice... I fell like I'm missing someone... Hmmm... Oh yeah!! Strangepork with MAMMA!! HAHAHAHA...

Whatever

Reaction score
I would love to have Pops and a penguin! Not necessarily together, though. :zany:

Thijs

Reaction score
So then I have to buy several Sal's to build an army? Why don't release a package of four penguins? I'm sure non-fans would love that too.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Tommie said:
So then I have to buy several Sal's to build an army? Why don't release a package of four penguins? I'm sure non-fans would love that too.

Well, yeah, but I think it was said that he would come with two to beging with, (maybe three orignaly?) But I was thinking they should maybe do three Sal repaints like they are doing with Jonny, you know to match them up. ofcoure the reg Sal counting as one, maybe then a Sal with Banana's painted on his little vest and then maybe a tux like one. a Monkey suit! then people would buy more, thus having more penguins. but it might or might not be too expencive to make with the pack-in's already.