You Can't Live w/w/o 'em

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I wonder, does anyone knows who performed Rowlf/Kermit during this song in TMM? Just curious...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You may have noticed that the only muppets in that sequence are Kermit, Rowlf, and Miss Piggy. Rowlf and Miss Piggy didn't appear togetehr in that sceen, so it would make since for Frank Oz to have performed him since he was on the set at the time.

Of course, at Tough Pigs there is an anthology about the original script, where it's said that an early draft of the script had Statler and Waldorf in that scene at one point, yet they don't appear at the resturaunt in the movie. It's possible that their scene at the resturaunt was filmed and cut (but I don't know for sure). If that's true then Richard Hunt probably performed the hands (or maybe Richard did the puppetry and Frank did the hands). If there was no Statler and Waldorf scene that got cut, then I think Steve Whitmire probably performed Rowlfs hands instead, since Steve often performed Rowlfs hands when he played the piano and also liked to perform musicians.

Beauregard

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
You may have noticed that the only muppets in that sequence are Kermit, Rowlf, and Miss Piggy. Rowlf and Miss Piggy didn't appear togetehr in that sceen, so it would make since for Frank Oz to have performed him since he was on the set at the time.

Of course, at Tough Pigs there is an anthology about the original script, where it's said that an early draft of the script had Statler and Waldorf in that scene at one point, yet they don't appear at the resturaunt in the movie. It's possible that their scene at the resturaunt was filmed and cut (but I don't know for sure). If that's true then Richard Hunt probably performed the hands (or maybe Richard did the puppetry and Frank did the hands). If there was no Statler and Waldorf scene that got cut, then I think Steve Whitmire probably performed Rowlfs hands instead, since Steve often performed Rowlfs hands when he played the piano and also liked to perform musicians.
Was it this restauraunt? I thought they were meant to be at El Sleezo?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Was it this restauraunt? I thought they were meant to be at El Sleezo?
The script shown at Tough Pigs had them at both the El Sleezo cafe and the resturaunt, but in the final version of the movie they weren't in either scene. I know that The Muppet Movie storybook had pictures of them at the el sleezo cafe, so I guess it's safe to assume that there was a deleted scene with them at the El Sleezo. But theres no evidence of them having a scene filmed at the resturaunt.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Is there not also a photo in the book of them on camels? I seem to recall...something...

Frogster

Reaction score
What's neat about that scene is that it looks like Jim's performing both. I'm not talking about the voices, though; I'm talking about how they move when they're both engaged in conversation. It's really well-done

MWoO

Reaction score
Frogster said:
What's neat about that scene is that it looks like Jim's performing both. I'm not talking about the voices, though; I'm talking about how they move when they're both engaged in conversation. It's really well-done
Yeah, that is one of the best scenes with to characters performed by the same performer. When I watch it I don't think who is performing Kermit or Rowlf, I wonder how theh eck Jim was able to perform both at the same time. It's so good that you don't even notice at least half (if not the whole thing) is dubbded over.