You And I And George

abiraniriba

Reaction score
The song "You And I And George" is included in the album "Rowlf: Old Brown Ears Is Back" It goes a little something like this:

You and I and George
Were strolling through the park one day
And you held my hand, as if to say
I love you
We came to a brook
And George fell in and drowned himself
And floated out to sea
Leaving you alone with me

Now what I want to know is did George fall, or was he pushed?

Your verdict please :sympathy:

Mad Hatter

Reaction score
Why didn't they make a "Bear on Patrol" episode to explain that (Rowlf interrogated in the Police Station) ? :smile:

Rowlf sang twice this song at the Muppet Show : one time in the Phyllis George episode (the Muppet Awards) and the other time... Well, I don't remember ! :zany:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Why didn't they make a "Bear on Patrol" episode to explain that (Rowlf interrogated in the Police Station) ? :smile:

Rowlf sang twice this song at the Muppet Show : one time in the Phyllis George episode (the Muppet Awards) and the other time... Well, I don't remember ! :zany:
Rowlf sang it in the Juliet Prowse episode (U.K. spot) from season 1.

Mad Hatter

Reaction score
Thanks, Winslow. I remember the sketch of Kid Fozzie with Rowlf in the saloon in the Juliet Prowse episode, but I didn't remember the song "You and I and George".

Nyperold

Reaction score
Yeah, those U.K. spots... thank goodness for DVD sets, eh? Or we'd never have seen that ever-popular classic. :smile:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
That was the funniest song besides Simon Smith and his dancing bear!

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Rowlf is a slippery character. He changes his motives in The Wishing Song faster than you can say "there goes a butterfly."

peyjenk

Reaction score
I love "You and I and George", especially Rowlf's intro: "It sold two copies. George bought one and I bought one. Where were you?"