Yhis was my favorite old sketch

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Oh Yeah And One More Thing,There Was ALso A Skit From 1971 Where Grover Serves Simon The Soundman But I Just Don't Remember What Happened Definately Like Before.I'm Sure Someone Else Could Answer It For You As Long As They Just Know It! Well,Bye Bye Now! :wink: :sleep: :sleep:
I remember that shetch. Simon came in and asked for a chicken sandwich. But instead of saying "chicken" he made a clucking sound, so Grover couldn't figure out what he was asking for. He brought out several different sandwiches. I can't remember them all, but one was a guitar sandwick, and I think another was a telephone sandwich. Simon would say to each, "I didn't ask for a <insert sound> sandwich, I asked for a <clucking sound> sandwich"

Well Grover finally figured it out and was ready to get him the chicken sandwich, when Simon said he changed his mind. He asked for a hot <barking sound> with mustard and relish.

Then I think Grover did his trademark faint.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
I know of one other Sesame Street sketch in which a mistake was supposedly made, and they decided to keep it in for unique dramatic effect. It was the Grover the Waiter skit in which Fat Blue ordered a bowl of hot alphabet soup, and made sure that it indeed had the entire English alphabet. Twice he had to call Grover back to get missing letters from the kitchen (which I might add were rather large, about 2 inches high. Most alphabet soups I've eaten have letters about 1/8th that tall.) As he came to the letter "Y"... (best as I can recall):

FAT BLUE: "U, V, W, X, Y... Uh, Waiter!!"

GROVER: (runs up) "Yessir!"

FAT BLUE: "There is no 'Y' in my soup. Oops, I was wrong. There is a 'Y'"

GROVER: (glancing in bowl) "I see the 'Y' there..."

FAT BLUE: "It's the 'Z'. I can't eat this soup without a 'Z'"

My understanding that getting the Y and Z mixed up was an actual mistake on the part of the Muppeteer.
That can be found in episode #276, the third season premiere. It is also the very first "Grover the Waiter" sketch.

What's really great is when Frank has Grover mumbling about the mistake. ("See? You can't have everything!" "First a 'Y', then a 'Z',...") Lol!

maxdrive

Reaction score
I was happy i got to hear this skitch on the muppet central radio yesterday i cracke dup

maxdrive

Reaction score
The one i made this post about kermit the frog and the girl doing the abc and the girl keeps saying cookie mosnter though it

SesameMike

Reaction score
Fat Blue and Simon Soundman

Were Fat Blue and Simon Soundman brothers?

In addition to looking remarkably similar, I heard that this was mentioned once on the show. In that one sketch where Soundman was at Grover's restaurant, he says under his breath at one point something like. "Boy, my brother was right, the service here is lousy." Can anyone confirm?

Dantecat

Reaction score
That Could Be Definately Be Right! It Look's Like They Are Since You Just Have A Super Good Memory About That Skit Since Simon Said That!

I Always Thought That They Never Were At All! WOW!!!! Excellent Memory SesameMike!!!!! WOW!!! :eek: :concern: :cool:

maxdrive

Reaction score
yeah they could be

was it fat blue who also did the skits witht he guy who made letter refrences one was the guy asked him to keep and "Eye" on his hat. So the guy litterly puts a letter eye on his hat