Woodstock Puppet

SgtPepper

Reaction score
Hey guy's. My school is doing a production of Youre a Good Man Charlie Brown. And they casted a puppetering role of Woodstock the bird... and I'm going to try and make one...do you have any Ideas ?

Sweetums74

Reaction score
If memory serves me correctly- Woodstock doesn't have any speaking/singing lines in this production (or even the follow up- Snoopy!).
Unfortunately, my memory doesn't recall exactly what type of interactions Woodstock has.

Disney's California Adventure is about to open a production of Aladdin where Iago is performed as a puppet. You may get some ideas from looking at some of the pics on mouseinfo.com or maybe even laughingplace.com.

The puppeteer is visible at all times and Iago is a hand puppet.

SgtPepper

Reaction score
Yeah... the director is adding the character into the production.

fragglerockr

Reaction score
Woodstock...

Hey guys!

I have directed and played Snoopy in "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown". Everyone is correct. Woodstock is not a character in the show. We did something very similar when we did our productions. We took a stuffed Woodstock and simply tied him to a rod and used him as a really 'floppy' rod puppet. I know this sounds very silly but given the fact that Woodstock never flies in a straight line, or even right-side-up for that matter, it was very convincing and funny. Woodstock is a character played by an actor in the musical 'Snoopy' however.

My best suggestion...I'd go with either a marionette or a rod puppet.

Thanks,

Fragglerockr (Lee)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya,

I've always just pictured taking some yellow ostrich feathers (perhaps a boa) and just wiring a small ball of that together, with felt legs, because from the audience, it'll be small enough that you don't need detail, and they'll all know who it's supposed to be anyhow.

FOZ