Woo Hooooo!

Ziffel

Reaction score
superfan said:
The thing with food is that it's not like you can completely give it up like drugs or alcohol.
That is so true. That's one thing that made sticking to the Optifast diet I did in 1988 for 3 months so doable. (Oprah Winfrey also did this diet at the same time). In this diet you only drink 5 nutritional shakes a day. It seemed like it would be an impossible diet to stick to, but it really wasn't. Because food was completely eliminated, you actually adapt and get used to it after a few days. Whereas with other diets, it can be hard to eat a limited portion and then have to stop for several hours. And the weight comes off like lightning with that diet too (but it's not all that safe. I had stomach aches upon resuming food after the 3 months).

D'Snowth said:
Now if only I could lose weight without having to live on one waffle and a 1/3 cup of mac-n-cheese a day.
One thing I'm fortunate of is that I have always had the ability to lose weight pretty rapidly when cutting calories. But on the other hand, I can gain so easily too without all that much excess food. One time in the late 90's I lost 80 pounds in 6 months and was at my ideal weight again. But then I regained 70 of it in just 3 months!

superfan

Reaction score
The liquid shake diet may have been easier than you thought, but then, it only lasted for three months, am I reading tht right, Ziffel? I love shakes too, but I could never give up my carbs. How much weight did you lose off it? Also, Oprah has a personal trainer constantly watching and guiding her, so there's another advantage.

Ziffel

Reaction score
It's a 12 week diet of five 84 calorie a day shakes for a total of just 420 daily calories. It's for people needing to lose a significant amount of weight. I was 264 lbs. at the outset and was 183 lbs. (ideal) after the 12 weeks. One really heavy guy lost 17 pounds the first week!

superfan

Reaction score
Well done, Ziffel! We weighed about the same, then. Shame about the resulting stomach aches though.

F

furryredmonster

Wow!! That is sooo awesome!! I could loose a few pounds myself. I just love icecream and fries all day.... mmmm.... The school will sell a humungas ammount of fries for 95 cents I beileve. (Where is the "cent" sign on the keyboard???) and everyone buys them (including me) it is kinda habbit. But when I do not buy a lunch I eat yogurt and some other healthy stuff. I think I need to bring my lunch more often :smile:

superfan

Reaction score
It's a shame that kids your age have to worry about your weight. And it's difficult when you understand the downside of eating garbage and yet your school provides it dirt cheap. Don't worry about losing weight, Furryred...just make smarter choices. Be good to yourself.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i can drop 10lbs in two days old wrestilng tricks

the things you do to compete

superfan

Reaction score
Very thoughtful of you, Phantom...thanks!
I used to go to a gym and I LOVE the universal weights. Especially the leg press. Well, now I'm going to be playing badminton again every Sunday starting...well, this Sunday. So that's a little more exercise.

superfan

Reaction score
Weekly weigh in!
Lost 5 pounds!!
I found a sweater at Value Village yesterday and it's from the GAP. I have NEVER fit into anything from the GAP before. Wow.