Wizard of Oz performers

Xerus

Reaction score
I've noticed that in the openning. Steve, Dave, Bill, and Eric were shown as the main Muppeteers. While the rest were shown at the end as secondary Muppeteers. I guess the first four Muppeteers got top billing because they voiced the main characters. Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, and Pepe.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
it was like that in Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie too

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Drew Massey as Spotted Dick... sweet!

For those of you who might be interested, Drew Massey performed Count Blah on Greg the Bunny, as well as several other characters on the short-lived series.

BEAR

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I've noticed that in the openning. Steve, Dave, Bill, and Eric were shown as the main Muppeteers. While the rest were shown at the end as secondary Muppeteers. I guess the first four Muppeteers got top billing because they voiced the main characters. Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, and Pepe.
That and they are the principle Muppeteer staff. Just like how it was always Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz and Richard Hunt as "top billing"

tinweirdo

Reaction score
Big Muppet Oz News!!!

YES! I just saw the muppets on Mike's supershort show on the disney channel. They were promoting the Muppet's Wizard of Oz on DVD, Kermit, Piggy and Pepe were on, looks good can't wait!!! I'll be buying that and the first season of the Muppet show when it comes out!!! Got to jet, Wocka Wocka!!! :smile: :mad: :rolleyes:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I haven't seen that yet, I think Mike's Super Short Show is annoying, they show the same clip over and over for about a month before they show I new one. :stick_out_tongue:

BEAR

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
I haven't seen that yet, I think Mike's Super Short Show is annoying, they show the same clip over and over for about a month before they show I new one. :stick_out_tongue:

Thats what they do. Think of it as a regular commercial or trailer on tv. That is basically all it it. They aren't going to do a new one until something new is released.