Wished on a Morning Star - (A Sam and Janice story)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, will come back and comment soon.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
OOH! An update! Yay! And a great one at that! looking deeper into Sam's feelings on the movie, nice touch. I really am loving this story! More please!

Java

Reaction score
Who knew that Sam had such a deep side to him. He lied? He lied to Kermit? Oh dear. Can't wait for more...

christyb

Reaction score
Great an update...now I can be evil and poke you for more *searches for my nagging stick* Seeing as there's so many projects you have and finishing one is your problem my friend. Ahhh here it is! *pokes* More please...there's certain lines I'm waiting to hear!

Java

Reaction score
How goes things in your world of stories Beau?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe he'll drop in with another update some time in the future... Hopefully before he gets locked out in the year 3004 again.

Beauregard

Reaction score
As many of you know, I started this story to explore a dream I had a while ago about Sam going out with Janice. It formed quite an impression on me so I began writing without really realising the scale of the story. Then I realised just how difficult this story would become and let it taper off.

It's been nagging at me ever since, but at the moment I don't have the time to complete it, so for now I am going to sign off on the story and shut the book until such a time as I can return.

Thanks for all your support my dear readers and naggers!

Beau

Beauregard

Reaction score
It's been a while...but, hey, what the heck, I'm still up for updating from time to time...

Continued

To say the coach back to the boarding house was crowded would be an understatement, and if there was one thing that the Mupets were known for it wasn't their subtly. Muppets were stuffed, pushed and generally crammed into the faux-leather seats of the bus sent by the studio to deposit them back to their home from the docks.

Sam stared at the inevitable chaos that was created by such seating arrangements.

"Camilla? Camilla? Has anyone seen my chickie-poo Camilla?"

"Burk? Buck buck buck!"

Feathers flew. Rats scurried under the seats.

"So, I brought my dice along to pass the time, eh guys, how about a quick game of Yahtzee for mon-zee?"

"Kermie, Kermie mon cher, why is moi pressed in here with these...these riff-raff?"

"That's Riff-Rowlf to you, Miss Piggy."

"Ah-haha-ha-HEH!" Hair was flicked and sulking commenced.

"Riffraff? I t'aught we said dis wasn't the James Pond movie?"

"Well, Mr Beaker," another conversation began, "I am very excited about the possibility to adding more knots to the distance covered by the Hispania in an hour."

"Mee me mee?"

"I am so glad you asked, Beaker. All kinds of knots. Bowline, slip-knots, double-fishermans, Yosemite bowlines..."

"Did someone say Dynamite bowties?"

Sam decided not to press his luck by remaining an open target in the middle of the bus and instead made his way swiftly to the back where an open seat was available.

He didn't realize until too late that someone else was headed for the very same seat and that was how he found himself pressed into a seat besides a certain long-limbed female member of the Muppet community that he had certainly NOT been thinking about since that moment they had seen each other at the casting session.

"Wow, excuse me," she murmured as she deposited her purt posterior into the space left beside Sam's own seated behind. "This bus is like totally overflowing...even by my own fuel-saving, car sharing standards."

Sam shifted as far as he could to the edge of his seat to accommodate her slender figure. "I must say that I have to agree with you in this regard," he stated quickly, and less formally than he might normally address a member of...the band. "The environmental movement is a formidable rising American institution of traditional values, but any green miles gained in this instance will be offset by the gas consumption necessary to transport this bulk of Muppets as it is."

Janice pressed her hand lightly on his wing, "Fer sure, green may be the colour of spring but this is ridiculous."

Sam's eyes shifted back and forth as he considered a response. He patted her hand with his other wing, gently sliding the multi-ringed fingers off his arm. "Besides," he went with, "The heating is still broken back at the boarding house so we haven't been using any fuel there for a week..."

"Yeah, but at least those cold showers are totally invigorating." She glanced up when he didn't reply right away.

Sam looked at her and thought about her thinking about him thinking about her in an icy cold shower and he blushed despite himself, his cheeks darkening to a shade more purple than usual. "Well...um..." She had always shared outrageous facts about herself, he told himself. This comment wasn't meant in any way for his ears alone he was sure. "...I can imagine," he managed and immediately regretted it.

But Janice laughed pleasantly, surprising herself. She hadn't had the best of days on the ship or on the movie set so far. Animal had been totally out of control in the claustrophobic, ship-wide space and Floyd hadn't been in any position to keep him in check or to keep a close eye on him, so it had been down to her to watch him as he chased the pirate extra known as Big Fat Ugly Bug-Faced Baby-Eating O'Brien all over the ship. Eventually the first mate, Angel, had shouted at her for not keeping Animal on a leash and she'd called back that he should keep his ladyesque crew members out of the way of feisty rock drummers if he knew was was good for them.

It felt nice to just rest in the bus, chatting to someone freely and easily.

Even if it was someone she was certain probably spent his time judging the band...if he thought of them at all.

She had to admit that the image of his eyes from the day of the casting call had come back to the front of her mind more often than she would have expected. And at times that she wouldn't have predicted.

Janice brought herself back to the present as Sam broke the silence following her laugh. "I have been mostly washing with a damp sponge, myself," he was saying uncomfortably and conspiratorially, giving her more information than she really wanted or needed. "I sure hope the studio may give us something ahead to fix the boilers soon though."

"Yeah, that would be real nice," Janice agreed, settling back in the seat and closing her eyes, suddenly tired from the day and bored with the conversation. "And maybe they can even put in a jacuzzi."

To be continued...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*<3 the nugget of new fic from the man called :oops:.
Most righteous read... Digging the conversationals between :attitude: and :flirt:.
Pleased to see this refreshed. More soon?

We Got Us

Reaction score
>large grin, accompanied by small happy dance< Beauregard!! You deserve a medal! Scurrying over here to update just in time for me to read...:wink: I love, love, love everything about it. If my head wasn't throbbing (staying up till un-Godly hours of the night playing rock-band and eating copious amounts of Skittles has a few disadvantages) I would go through piece by piece....I just got entirely caught up. Something no one ever saw coming, and that's why it's so awesome...intrigued, shaken, and awaiting more!!