Will Shining Time Station get a DVD release?

Dantecat

Reaction score
Hi Does anybody know when Shining Time Station will ever get a DVD release?Because Who owns the rights to the show and What's their e-mail/address?
Thanks for your help.:smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Pardon me; I just saw this thread while looking for something else, and felt I had to comment. I forgot all about this show! I watched it on TV a couple of times, but also had 2 cassette tapes that I listened to all the time! It was a PBS show, wasn't it?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yep, it was a PBS show. I remember more of the earlier episodes when Ringo Starr played the conductor and would narrate the Thomas the Tank Engine shorts that aired during the show. Who knew Thomas would still be so popular now that he has his own show all together? Anyway, Shining Time Station worked well I think because it was based on something that all kids seem to just love, which of course is trains.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't forget George Carlin too.

Anyway, here are my questions. Was the movie "Thomas and the Enchanted Railroad" supposed to be based half off the Shining Time Station series and half off Thomas the Tank Engine? Secondly, did the Woman who played Stacy (the woman that worked there, I got the name right, right?) appear in the movie Grease? I saw some of it a while ago, and it seemed like it was her.

BTW, who else thinks the new narrator of the current Thomas the Tank Engine series is doing a poor job? I mean, it really is awkward to hear someone with a New York accent say the term "Cross." (As in, "Sir Toppum Hat was very Cross") Especially seeing as it's a British term?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Don't forget George Carlin too.

did the Woman who played Stacy (the woman that worked there, I got the name right, right?) appear in the movie Grease? I saw some of it a while ago, and it seemed like it was her.
Yeah, she played Frenchie in Grease. I didn't notice that until years later.

I'm sure George Carlin did a good job, but I grew up with Ringo Starr as Mr. Conductor! I even bought an audio cassette just to hear his voice. "He's a cheeky little engine!" lol

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, considering they had Alec Baldwin as Mr. Conductor in the film, maybe it's a good thing it was never revived.

BEAR

Reaction score
heralde said:
Yeah, she played Frenchie in Grease. I didn't notice that until years later.

Didi Conn is the actress' name.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I love that show! I just caught Slim good body the other day and Bill Nye The Sicence guy the other day, and I was flipping out, LOL!:smile:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Thomas The Tank Engine and Shining Time Station are two of the best shows ever made (in my humble opinion), so I'd love if STS got a DVD release.