Will Sesame Street produce another movie for theaters?

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
Follow That Bird was a theatrical release -- my mom once told me she took her daycare kids when it came out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I heard rumors that they started planning a Follow That Bird 2. Hopefully they do.
I'm guessing that's either a joke or sarcasm. Ha, I say... but...

The problem is our American culture of "If it's on TV, I'd rather see it on TV for Free," and a lot of movies based on television shows that are currently on the air (with the original cast no less) just don't get an audience. South Park, Rugrats, The Simpsons and Beavis and Butt-head were lucky. Powerpuff Girls, Hey Arnold, and a bunch of others weren't so lucky. Disney found a niche market in February and sometimes January for Doug, Recess and Teacher's Pet (and a couple of the lousy cheapquels). Too bad they figured that too late for them to make that Rescue Rangers movie they wanted to.

I compare it all the time to Japan, where every cartoon currently on the air gets, at least, a 20-45 minute one off as part of a holiday movie festival with like 2 other shorts based on shows currently on the air. Very big and established shows get multiple movies, sometimes one a year. If that was the case for the Simpsons, we'd have at least 10 Simpsons movies by now, instead of just one. But then again, it took the Simpsons 20 years for a movie, so it is very labor intensive.

It would be great to see some sort of annual Sesame Street film theatrically made, but that's never going to happen. It just wouldn't make that much money in the US... it's not cost effective.

Still, another Sesame Street movie, even though the Muppets was a moderate success, would be a hard sell. But I want it to happen. Just don't have it center around Elmo this time.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I've said for years we could use a Super Grover movie, and if not Super Grover, at least give Big Bird another movie: Elmo's had two, a theatrical movie (EIG) and a TV movie (CinderElmo), so yeah, give Big Bird something to work with again.
I've actually yearned for a Super Grover movie for quite a while. I think it could be a lot of fun and a great cinematic showcase for the great work Eric's been doing with the character.

galagr

Reaction score
I would adore a Super Grover movie:super::super::super: . But if Sesame were to make another movie it would most likely star......................wait for it................almost there............................Elmo. BIG surprise.