Will Muppet Babies ever be released to DVD?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, didn't think of that. Boy what a lot of licencing they'd have to do for one episode of Muppet Babies :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yea but that has already been paied for by henson at an earlyer time so i would asum that it would be a final sale. just guseing.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Some of the footage was older so it may be public domain.

maxdrive

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
yea but that has already been paied for by henson at an earlyer time so i would asum that it would be a final sale. just guseing.
your right ti be like wathcing one of the cosby eppisodes with muppets in it

maxdrive

Reaction score
i saw both not to long ago the one where ray charles sings its not easy being green and the dream sequence that has muppets the bigest being gonzo and wardof they then has bill cosby play as statler with him it was funny to see if they still show them they must beable to show the stuf fin muppet babies most the stuff is henson related any way

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
For one, there haven't been many animated series released on DVD from other companies with the exception of more action-oriented shows like Transformers or adult-oriented shows like The Simpsons.
Although this quote is "Octobery 2003" old!...LOL, that is very un true now, shows such as Garfield and Friends, Pee Wee's Playhouse, The Raccoons, Ren and Stimpy, and older classic cartoons such as Looney Tunes, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Wacky Racers, Fintstones, Scooby Doo, the Jetsons, Top Cat and so on. More cartoons are bound to come, not all will be full sets or seasons like recent Fat Albert. But more and more cartoon/kids shows are coming to DVD.

I don't know what Disney's plans are as they own the rights now but I hope they eventulay do, they really should start putting DVD's of there own shows out now, like DuckTales, TaleSpin, Gummi Bears. Maybe it's because they still play them on Toon Disney...er well, not Gummi Bears anymore for some reason....but they don't play the classic's as much now with the newer cartoons about kids, kid super heros, alien's, talking dogs, and teenage witches all going to school.......But back to dvd's, it's not just Simpsons, Family Guy and Kind of the Hill. I'll bet will get much more in the years to come, with the talk about the new CGI Chipmunks movie....yuck! but it could bring the shows classic and the newer 80's one to dvd. it worked for Garfield, Rocky and Bullwinkle, and even Fat Albert!

I could seem the Smurfs, RugRats, Peanuts and many other cartoon toons to come to dvd with in the comming years! it's so cool! Plus we all know Fraggle Rock and the Muppet show seasons ARE coming!

As for the rights to the many clips of films in Muppet Babies, wouldn't you think they would already be paid for? look at all the songs in The Muppet show and eps of that were put on DVD, i don't think they had to pay out each right to the song on the muppet show, they would be chopped up more the MFC if that was the case!!! :smile: I don't know for sure but i would think it would already be paid for, seeing as shows were released on video before.

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
I wish it were that easy but many of the rights were sold for the TV show, not the home video {or in this case DVD} sales of the show.

Gotta remember 20 years ago, the idea of releasing a TV show to home audiences seemed impossible. For one the VHS format just wasnt big enough {Space wise} and they didn't think there was a market for such product.

You're seeing a lot of shows face rights issues right now as a result. That is what has held shows like Moonlighting and {until recently} Miami Vice up.

Heck even Married with Children had to change their theme song to proceed with more season sets.

Having said that you guys might want to know the Smurfs is out on DVD but the catch is that it was designed for the Quebec market and is thus in French. However anything is possible.

Furthermore He-Man is coming to DVD and it looks like 2005 will be another big year for tv animation.

BTW I didn't know Racoons was released when did/will this happen? I've never heard it mentioned before now.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
BTW I didn't know Raccoons was released when did/will this happen? I've never heard it mentioned before now.
Yup! Not season sets, just boxes of three dvd's with three eps on each disk, plus some very cool extra features on the disk and even for use on your compture! and Len Carlson the voice of Bert Raccoon even does new voice over intros on the dvds!

the first set of 9 came out around fall of 2003, and the second set came out over this past summer in july, but I just heard about the second set a few days ago and just bought it on line so i will be getting that one soon!

These are mainly sold in Canada, but MediaPlay hosts them on there website but last i check they are on back order. I know for a fact that they were never in Media Play stores in my area, i check way too often! lol! Sill Amazon and Ebay have them, plus some other websites. They do seem very
"low run" though and unfortunutly the eps are not being released in order but it's just great to have The Raccoons on dvd! So there is a total of 18 eps on dvd now. I actually own the whole set taped off tv that a very nice person gave to me, plus all four specials.

i heard a rumor, i don't know for sure, but that Jessica Simpson might be signing or has her own version of "Run with Us" which is the ending theme song to the Raccoons....I don't know how i feel about that, but i just hope it brings more Raccoon stuff! I also heard about a CD of Raccoons music might be released too, but i don't know for sure. I have a CD with most of the songs from the cartoon which i love! Great music was a big part of that show just like how it is with Fraggle Rock!! Muppets are my number one, but The Raccoons are my number 2! If you love the Raccoons like I do, check out this website! it's awesome! There more links and info about the dvd's plus other lloads of stuff about the show! Pink ardvarrk bent on world domination? Yeah! they got that!

http://www.gilsinan.com/raccoons/