Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey Cartoon Network, how 'bout instead of wasting so much time and effort putting ADVENTURE TIME on DVD AND Bluray when you still play the show like 1,800 times a day, you pick up where you left us hanging on these other season releases, such as ED, EDD N EDDY, COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG, and such?

Uh, cuz they actually sell, and the fans of that series got very annoyed that CN was only releasing one disk kiddy vids? I'd LOVE to see everything get on DVD, but WB hates to release anything period. I'm thankful they are releasing AT in sets, period. Let's not forget they just got around to Taz-Mania and Duck Dodgers... and those are Looney Tunes characters. Personally, I'm far more annoyed they released the whole of Loonatics freaking Unleashed (i.e. Big fat blemish on the Looney Tunes Franchise) before they even touched Duck Dodgers- an underrated gem that was FAR more hip and relevant than shoving the Looney Tunes characters into a bland, forgettable sci-fi action show.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see all the Cartoon Cartoon shows on DVD in sets. But they chased all collectors away by only putting special features on Johnny Bravo and wussing out with the banned episode of Dexter (considering the Powerpuff Girls DVD set not only had the banned Gnome episode, but also had the original WAG shorts with the title uncensored). They gave us crappy products, the fans refused to buy them, and it's technically BOTH the company and fans' collective faults for these shows not getting further DVD releases.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So happy to finally have the final season of Rocko on DVD, as I was finally able to see the one episode that I never saw because Nick wouldn't air for some reason... probably because of how deranged it is (I refer, of course, to "Pranksters / From Here to Maternity"). And the banned "Heff in a Handbasket" episode is included as well.

But the special feature was more than I expect: I assumed it was going to be like the voice actors acting out "Wacky Delly" in Joe Murray's studio or something like that (like how on some animated movies, the animators will video tape themselves doing the physical acting to help them animate the characters), but instead, we get a recorded footage of a seminar hosted by Rob Paulsen, featuring Joe, Carlos Alazraqui, Tom Kenny, Charlie Adler, and Mr. Lawrence, and yes, they do act-out part one of the "Wacky Delly" episode, but they discuss their careers, working on Rocko, among other really great and interesting things.

So yeah... really happy with this. :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have I mentioned that I'm really miffed that CN is actually releasing the season sets of REGULAR SHOW and ADVENTURE TIME on a regular basis, yet we can't get them to finish releasing any of their real shows, like how we only got one season each of Dexter, Courage, and Johnny B., and only two seasons of the Eds?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I reiterate...

They gave us crappy products, the fans refused to buy them, and it's technically BOTH the company and fans' collective faults for these shows not getting further DVD releases.
I'm glad they're actually giving some attention and effort into Adventure Time and Regular Show (annoyed we're not getting any Amazing World of Gumball and MAD DVD's with any care to them... or at all). They did such a shoddy job on Courage and Dexter (and ironically the best job for Johnny Bravo, which was cult/niche compared to Dexter). I'd love them to go back and give us uncut episodes with actual bonus features so people will actually buy them this time so they actually make more of them. I'd be more annoyed that PPG got a full series set with an insane amount of bonus features, banned episodes, and uncut dialogue for the original shorts. Dexter should have got a big set like that with the gay stereotype episode in tact at least.

Then again, RS and AT both had volumes and volumes of single disk kiddy releases that angered the heck out their respective fan bases. While AT and RS have a fair amount of younger fans, the real DVD buying fans of the series are much older and would rather the full season sets instead of piddling kiddy single disks. They were barely answered. And these are current shows. Didn't even do it to Chowder or Flapjack. And the ones that did get season sets (Fosters and Eds) didn't finish them. Then, of course, we have the DC cartoons which thankfully got full runs (to my knowledge... I don't know if they have the complete Green Lantern or Young Justice... I think they do). They didn't even bothering finishing off Thundercats 2011 when it was cancelled. They just sopped.