1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by Disneys Muppets, Jul 26, 2004.

1. mo

mo Well-Known Member

But I don't get the steve martain bit at the end!
  2. Warldorf

Warldorf Active Member

How is that possible? Chickens don't even have fingers! THOCK Haha, works every time. (dada da dada da)
  3. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I liked when Kermit was like, Oh wow Piggy's telling me what to do!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!
  4. Warldorf

Warldorf Active Member

Oh, wow, Piggy's telling me what to do! Hey, get this everybody! Piggy's telling me what to do!
  5. mo

mo Well-Known Member

lololloloolloollololololl wow 0.0
    deformed lol
  6. Monstermaster

Monstermaster New Member

Skeeter was created to be a second female character for the show presumbably not to compete with Miss Piggy. She was in one of the Muppets comics though.
  7. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

Although she has yet to make an actual movie or live TV appearance, the closest thing is in the Family Reunion series (issues #4-7) of The Muppet Show comic book, now published by Marvel Comics (formerly by the Boom! Kids subdivision of Boom! Studios), written by Roger Langridge and drawn by Amy Mebberson:

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Muppet_Show_Comic_Book:_Family_Reunion

In that series, Skeeter's appearance resembles Skeeter 2 B's and Skeeter Muppet's avatars.

My local library has a compilation book containing issues 4-7, which features a Muppet Labs skit that spoofs a bit of "Bohemian Rhapsody", as Bunsen has developed an invention which helps to track distant relatives, which Beaker helps test out.

Miss Piggy's not-too-bright nephews, Andy and Randy (from Muppets Tonight), come over for a visit; they're apparently even dumber than Link Hogthrob, but not as conceited....

Fozzie's mother comes for a visit, accompanied by Dora, an old childhood friend of Fozzie, who is rather nervous since it's been quite a while since he's seen her....
  8. Zoot Fan 1981

Zoot Fan 1981 Active Member

Zoot should have been on the Muppet Babies too. It would have been interesting to see what he might have looked like as a baby :)
  9. Zoot Fan 1981

Check it out on youtube. I found the Muppet babies episode with Janice but she looks older than a baby. I would have to say about kindergarten age but she is on the Muppet Babies cartoon :)
  10. mo

mo Well-Known Member

:flirt:: like I wish i could have been on it more! I was like the best thing that ever happened to that show fur sure!
    Zoot Fan 1981 likes this.
  11. Zoot Fan 1981

Janice did appear in one of the Muppet Babies episodes. She looked much older than they were and I think it would have been cool to have had Zoot on the Muppet Babies as well :cool:
  12. Muppetgirl1

Muppetgirl1 Member

I loved the Muppet babies! thank you Count I hope they bring back all of the Muppets shows back on TV and I think the Muppets should have their own Channel
  13. Zoot Fan 1981

Here's the episode with Janice if anyone is interested since there is a lot of talk about it :)
  14. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

The Muppets did once have their own channel, but it's been long gone.
  15. Muppetgirl1

Muppetgirl1 Member

16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, the more I like that decision. Janice should be older than the other characters. I'd always feel that if the Electric Mayhem were introduced, They'd be quite a bit older than the Muppet main cast. If there's one thing I have to admit to not liking about Muppet Babies, alternate noncanon reality or not, I don't like the idea of everyone being the same age. The Mayhem would be quite a deal older than the rest of the cast, at least by 5 or 6 years. I could have seen them as neighborhood kids in a little band that look at the babies as little siblings that they never had.

But then again, they had Robin as a tadpole in that series. That would mean that Kermit's only a year or two older than his little nephew Robin.
  17. Zoot Fan 1981

Muppetgirl1 likes this.
  18. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

It would have been a nice idea if they had the entire EM as recurring characters in a little band, and often recruited the Muppet Babies to be their audience for new songs and stuff. Would be a nice way to incorporate some EM-esque music into things and add a little more variety to the show.

That is a weird thought. The age issue was really messed up on MB. We later assume that in TMS days Robin is around 5 or so, so that would make Kermit, what, 7? :p
  19. Zoot Fan 1981

Isn't the age thing with frogs like the age thing with dogs? (Haha I rhymed.) Take their age and multiply it by 7?? I do agree on the age thing. It is kinda messed up. They should have done a cartoon centered around the lives of Electric Mayhem as well but should take place in the teen years for them. Just a thought.
  20. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Though I doubt it would do well, a teen EM series would have been kinda cool. You could really build a story around the EM and their lives in high school. Each one has different personalities that would make for an interesting series in that setting, with their band being an out-of-school activity they do.