Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

wemblingalong

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet

Wow! I have wondered for YEARS about Skeeter and why she was never a muppet. Now that I know she was actually on The Muppet Show, I want to see it! Let us know if you get it up on You Tube! :wink:

unclematt

Reaction score
That guy hasnt been on since. I highly doubt that Skeeter existed. You have a ton of more than avid Muppet fans on here and for him to be the only that knows about this I fing very hard to believe. I am going to go back to believing that Skeeter was not a Muppet until I can be proved wrong.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
I asked Jim Lewis about Skeeter once. Here's my question and his response:

From AnimatedC9000
“I would like to see more of the go-fer as well, Jim. My question, however, concerns the go-fer's twin sister. If it were up to you, would you make Skeeter an official part of the Muppet family?”

JIM RESPONDS: NO. WHY? NOT REALLY SURE, TO BE HONEST. IT COULD WORK, BUT I STILL SEE HER AS A MUPPET BABY, A BALANCE FOR SCOOTER (HIS BOOKISHNESS TO HER TOM BOY-ISHNESS). I GUESS IF SHE COULD BE DEVELOPED INTO SOMETHING MORE, A FORCE IN HER OWN RIGHT AS AN ADULT, IT MIGHT WORK. BUT I’M NOT CONVINCED. PLUS, I’M LAZY, WHICH IS WHY I’M GOING TO STOP THINKING ON THIS TOO MUCH BEFORE MY HEAD STARTS TO HURT.
So... there you have it. An answer from a Muppet writer.

Redsonga

Reaction score
So it would work just fine he's just too lazy to talk about it :stick_out_tongue: *hee*. I think she could still balance him out as an adult..though it is weird he never seemed as bookish as an adult to me as he was as a baby so her character could be different to :smile:...
I think she has more going for her character than many of the new muppets that have been made since..I mean Miss. Piggy hardly has anyone to stop her from pushing them around now as it is, it might be nice to see her actually have to work for the spotlight again :wink:.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Redsonga said:
So it would work just fine he's just too lazy to talk about it :stick_out_tongue: *hee*. I think she could still balance him out as an adult..though it is weird he never seemed as bookish as an adult to me as he was as a baby so her character could be different to :smile:...
I do despise when paid writers admit they're lazy. It's not like when we fanfic writers take a sabbatical. It's true that Scooter's not as big of a geek as his baby form, but she could still balance him by not being a suck-up. I characterized her as someone who disliked theater (issues from that Snow White ep maybe -- after all, that was the episode I based her off of) and strove to be nothing like Piggy (not realizing she had just become an "athlete Piggy"). I couldn't see her (at the moment) as a regular cast member, but I could see her hired as a physical fitness consultant or hired to do sketches of aerobics parodies (and, even better, you could add Piggy to have even more fun).

I think she has more going for her character than many of the new muppets that have been made since..I mean Miss. Piggy hardly has anyone to stop her from pushing them around now as it is, it might be nice to see her actually have to work for the spotlight again :wink:.
I agree. Annie Sue didn't make it as a rival. However, there's enough history from Muppet Babies to bring in Skeeter.

unclematt

Reaction score
I understand that she could work as an adult Muppet but my point is that she never was an adult Muppet even though we were led to believe otherwise.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, to be honest, I forgot the original purpose of the thread because eventually it turned into "if Skeeter would work"