Why is Bert not on Sesame Street much anymore?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
You know I hated Ernie but Loved Bert when I was little.:frown:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I updated it. Thought it was clearer now.

salemfan

Reaction score
How about in future Journey to Ernie segments, they replace Big Bird with Bert?

Censored

Reaction score
Or better yet, replace Journey To Ernie segments with regular Ernie And Bert skits.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Bert is still around, they just hardly ever show him anymore cause kids like Ernie a lot better, and kids can identify with Ernie better.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sesame Workshop is teaming up with National Geographic to produce a new one-hour special featuring Ernie and Bert. The special finds the duo travelling around the world,kind of similar to the "Global Grover" segments.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
teenintosesame said:
Yes, Bert is still around. This morning, in episode #4075, I saw a Bert and Ernie clip for the first time in which Bert sings, "There's a Tiger in My Book." Yes, I've seen the original animated version, but is the Bert and Ernie version new for Season 35?
I've seen that one a few days ago. That was a good one. I wonder if that was Frank or Eric who performed Bert. Oh well, any way I think they're showing Bert a little bit more this season then they did last season.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Or better yet, replace Journey To Ernie segments with regular Ernie And Bert skits.
That would be a good idea. Or, I might have mentioned this before, but they could maybe replace JTE with Ernie's Show and Tell instead of showing that segment after JTE. Then maybe there will be more of a chance we'd see a vintage Bert and Ernie skit after the show and tell segment. Just a thought.

FragglettesMom

Reaction score
Ernie and Bert skits

I agree, we need more vintage Ernie and Bert !! THat is the best thing about Play With Me Sesame- lots of Ernie and Bert.