Why are today's kids so spoiled?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah, but this is a bit different sort of playing rough and rebellion. Watch a kid's life that only watches what their parents allow, doesn't watch R-rated movies, doesn't play bad video games, and doesn't look up bad stuff online. Then watch a kid's life who does the opposite of those things. There's a huge difference in language, conversation topics, free time activities, etc.
I've been watching R rated movies since I was 8 years old and have been allowed to play M rated games since even before that. Seriously, my first video game was Wolfenstein 3D (which you know would be rated M is it was released today). I adore violent games where you can brutally kill people in fountains of blood. And yet, I don't curse, I'm not a trouble maker, I am content sitting in my room doing nothing. I don't get into trouble, I am not a risk taker. I'm the first person to say "We could get in trouble for doing that" or "Is this safe" ect.

And that's just the thing: As media progresses, the situation seems to get worse and worse. Honestly, a person has no idea what's going on until they see it with their own two eyes.
The media is to blame for making it seem worse

Drtooth

Reaction score
Right, I know that an R-rated program doesn't been it's necessarily bad or corrupting. Sadly however, that is often the case.
One of my favorite gags in The Simpsons was when Moe is at a video store, and he goes behind the beaded "adults only" curtain, and it's actually filled with artistic films. And Moe adds, "Brideshead is going to be Revisted again tonight." (or something like that).

It's true. A LOT of "adult" movies aren't just for adults because they have dirty or disturbing stuff in them... a lot of adult movies are adult movies because ONLY adults can ever enjoy them.

Again, Birdcage. If it was released today, it would probably get a PG-13 rating. I think the gay taboo was the only reason it was rated R anyway.